Dragoncrest Cliffs Someone said something one time, but Daddy didn’t talk too loud
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska had hit a nerve. Ooops. She grinned unapologetically, tucking away the expression just in time that Maia did not see it.

She forgot, not everyone lived like her. Not everyone fought and clawed for a life at the beach. There were some wolves who had never seen the ocean at all. That seemed strange to Raleska, who had lived her entire life at arm's length to the waters.

Maia couldn't be faulted for her lack of experience, but Raleska was already judgmentally tallying up the ways she was better than this soft naive girl already (little did she know, that most people like the soft, naive girls better -- they're usually way less condescending). "You haven't seen a shark then." Raleska confirmed, more to get a word in edgewise (she's insufferable omg). "I guess you could call them sea monsters. I've seen some really weird things on the shore. They die out in the water and the waves bring them to the sands." One time she had seen something massive and made entirely of flesh -- but not a bone to be found among its putrescent skin. Her nose had told her it was edible, and she had eaten it willingly enough, but she would never forget the sheer size of the leviathan, or the seemingly hundreds of tangled legs that stirred lifelessly every time the water lapped it. "Some of them sing. Some of them look like fish but maybe aren't. I don't think you want to see a shark, though. If they're in the shallows its because they're hungry. Seal or wolf, it doesn't matter to them."
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Someone said something one time, but Daddy didn’t talk too loud - by Raleska - October 28, 2020, 08:47 AM