Moonspear hear me, hear me brother
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Limit Two 
The moon held high in the sky, and a nice breeze drifted through. She was near the end of the territory, quietly watching out to the glen. Now that autumn had hit the wilds, it was more pleasant during the day, and felt less horrendous for her darkened pelt. She could only imagine how it was for others, such as Hydra and @Atlas, but Osiris and his father Dirge, would have easier time and so.

Desdemona was not completely dark, she was long-limbed charcoal woman, unusually large ears- perhaps that was due to her bastardly lineage. It was not something she could hide away either, and thus simply ignored the oddity of features. It definitely came use to stalking, however, and prowling the mountain.
spear of the sun
263 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Darkness enveloped the young figure. Only the sunlit gold of his gaze seemed to glimmer from the touch of the moon. The shade stepped from his den and into the faint touch of light with a breath of a sigh that slipped into the night air. He looked up and caught the glimmer of stars that seemed to spread overhead like a glittering blanket. There were times that he knew the mountains drew him closer and he was grateful because of it.

Ahead, he caught the movement of a dark but familiar shape. Atlas lowered his crown and increased his speed, closing the distance that separated them with a few easy bounds of his youthful limbs. Before he might surprise her, the dark young Ostrega chuffed out a warning that he was behind. Then, his long limbs carried him over the earth and brought him in step a few paces behind Desdemona. For once, he was grateful not to be the only night owl.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"Atlas," the woman greeted, "you have taken the night shift?" The two had discussed her disappearence from the morning and into the night pledge. He seemed interested at the time, and lately did she see him at night. However during a long absence, she did wonder if he continued doing so.

Desdemona slept usually in the middle of the night and woke up a near the afternoon to morning. Sleep wasn't needed too much for a guard.
spear of the sun
263 Posts
Ooc — Bo
“I have,” he answered her readily, offering a polite smile in return for her having noticed.

Darkness had become a peaceful time for the young Ostrega boy. He’d found the quiet hum of crickets to keep him company as he made his route along the edge of Moonspear’s claim. It was rare that anything happened during nightfall, but he had found that the silent habit of tending to the borders after dark was beneficial for both him and the pack.

“It’s cooler, quieter… I like it better than day guard,” he then offered with a soft chuckle.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"It is peaceful," she nodded in agreement. Though perhaps too peaceful, to the point she had felt useless quite a few times, "nothing has happened, I can presume." It was only a given. Perhaps not even a Saint wolf, or a Ursus member. One had apparently passed by near Moonspear weeks ago. 
spear of the sun
263 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The dark yearling shook his head, indicating that he had not come across any trouble during the late hours that he patrolled the pack.

“No, nothing out of sorts… which is good, but I still feel like something is coming.”

Atlas could not help but to think about the conversation he’d shared with Osiris. The idea that there were two packs out there who sought only to cause trouble for others was more than concerning. Atlas was worried for his immediate family and for Osiris – he did not want his brother to venture too close to danger without having the option there to help defend him. Sure, the green-eyed boy was strong and capable, but it was his brotherly devotion that drove him toward this protective state.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"You always seem wary," Desdemona commented. She was one that was also always on guard, however she also knew how safe it was within the mountains. An eye was always kept open at night, but she wondered why someone so young, felt so much wariness on the land.

"What do you think is coming?" She wondered if he knew about the trip that herself and Osiris went. Assuming the brothers talked, he must've known about Ursus and the Saints. She too held a bit worry about them, especially since the supposed 'intruder,' came out this far. However the guard also was confident in Hydra.
spear of the sun
263 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Atlas cast her a guarded glance when she mentioned that he did appear wary more often than not. He hadn’t thought that the shadowed woman would have paid much attention to how he behaved or the demeanor that he carried with him. The shade knew well enough that he was a nervous fellow and he had battled with those feelings for a short time.

“There are a pair of packs causing trouble out there. Who is to say they would not come to our land? Who could even say what kind of damage they might cause here?” the inkwell answered her. For a young boy, his voice was stern, and his eyes seemed to carry a heavier weight than they should have. Atlas had only been alive for nearly two years, but he worried day and night for the safety of the others in the pack, and for his family above all else.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"That is true." She couldn't argue with the logic that there was danger around. Especially with Ursus and the Saints deciding to harass others, however, "there will always be something to be guarded over." One day it would be Ursus, but another day another pack can rise up and decided to be a powerhouse, only to fall again. Moonspear had standed for generations-

"they all fall down." Only Moonspear and Easthollow have standed strong.

"If you always focus only on that, you will lose what is around you." She said this, from the depth of her heart. Perhaps the tone had deepened when spoke of thesese words- heavily reminding her of the past. She remembered only focusing on the singular task, of serving those who would not protect her. In return, Desdemona lost her entire family.

A bastard like herself, can only go so far after all. She has settled, to be a lowly grunt.
spear of the sun
263 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The dark young beast listened to Desdemona speak to him, offering words that should have helped him relax and feel better about the looming threats that dwelled outside their claim. Instead, the shade was left with a bitter feeling that clung to the back of his tongue and slipped down his throat.

Atlas did not wish to be chided by the woman he had grown to consider a friend. Though he would not say as much to her, the inky figure felt that there was a thin line between doing too much and not doing enough to keep their territory and their family safe. Would he not rather err on the side of doing too much? Surely it would have been a better thing to spend his energy tirelessly working to keep Moonspear safe instead of to assume that nothing would harm them. Atlas did not know if he would ever be the type who would simply live in the moment; his worry and anxiety had a tight hold on his mind.

“Perhaps, but I would rather be overly cautious,” he told her in a stern voice. “It would be far worse to me if I did less and something happened than if I were to work myself to death over nothing.” Then, the sunlight beam of his gaze latched onto her. Atlas knew that while he might have missed some of the simple pleasures, he felt far safer than if he adopted the opposing mentality.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
She could understand the wariness; for even Desdemona rarely indulged into lifes pleasure. Majority of Moonspear knew she was always at the borders, watching and waiting, diligently marking and greeting. It was only rarely did she creep upwards to the mountain, to sleep or to eat, otherwise the life was below.

"I believe in the strength that is here; it helps not to worry. I guard all day and night, for it is what I can do to add to the strength. Reassure others, and myself."
spear of the sun
263 Posts
Ooc — Bo
It seemed so simple, her words.

Why couldn’t Atlas simply believe that Moonspear was strong enough to stand tall in the face of adversity and danger? Sure, the cougar attack that had rattled their peaceful existence had been frightening for all members who had been involved with it. It had left more than just Atlas feeling that they could improve in their defense. Still, he did not know why he couldn’t simply trust that his home and the wolves who occupied the ranks of Moonspear could withstand anything that came to their borders.

“Maybe as I age… I will learn to trust those around me better,” he confided in her with a solemn glance and a slight frown. How long had it taken Desdemona to learn her own strengths and weaknesses? When did she step forth and simply know that she was capable and could hold her own? These were questions that buzzed through his mind, but Atlas did not believe he would speak them.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"Rely on yourself, and your siblings. Moonspear is not a group to easily falter to danger." Remembering Morningside and how they fell despite no danger, she doubted the mountain group would be the same. They had numerous of wolves to the point the mountain was overflowing, prospering various of warriors.

"You are still young, have confidence." This was probably the first time she truly felt old. Desdemona wasn't exactly an elderly lady, but she wasn't getting any younger. She simply wished, to pass in peace when said time comes.
spear of the sun
263 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Perhaps Moonspear was not the type to falter when presented with danger, but was he? This seemed to be the thought that plagued him most. If he were thrown into the fray, would Atlas have been able to provide enough strength and resilience in the face of an attacker to keep his family safe – to protect the pack that he belonged to? Even threats that had not made themselves present had bothered him and filled him with indescribable anxiety. He’d never admitted such feelings to his peers or even his family. Atlas did not wish to disappoint his mother and father with his unfounded frets.

“I don’t know if youth has anything to do with it,” he responded with a soft chuckle.

After all, Osiris was the same age and look at what he had already accomplished?

Atlas did not want to share with Desdemona the anxiety he felt. He did not want her to think that he was weaker than the others. More than this, he had grown to enjoy the woman’s companionship and he did not know if he could stand to have her think less of him. Still, the shade wished that he could confide these worries in someone who might be able to help him. He only wanted to know that those emotions were valid and he was not pathetic for feeling them.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"Perhaps you are right, even the oldest can have confidence issues." Generally, she did not mention in herself. Desdemona knew her abilities were well-enough to be liked in Moonspear, however she never thought of herself but a grand warrior, and the rank she carried was undeserving. It was hard to warm up the thought, when she was far too used to be but a shadow to packs.

"We all have fears, I worry as well. To lose something, once more." Just as Morningside fell, the thought of Moonspear falling always a dreary thought to the spiders mindset. She would not know what to do beyond her life if the event occurred.
spear of the sun
263 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Desdemona's response was stoic and stern. Atlas felt like he should have anticipated that from her; she had been the dutiful type since the day he had met her. The dark woman did not seem to be bothered by the conversation that they had shared, but he could not help but fret over the idea that his concerns were trivial when compared to the larger picture. Did she think that he was being foolish? Did she think that his youth was showing in that moment? 

As she admitted her own worry, Atlas furrowed his brow and glanced toward her questioningly. He would not have considered her to be the type to worry over loss. This was unfair, he realized; Desdemona was just like anyone else in their ranks. She had aspirations and hopes, she had experienced her own feelings and loves. The shade felt as though he had been inconsiderate to her. 

How do you not think about it all the time?
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"I do what I can; guard." It gave her a comfort of control in the constant movement. At times it was also a gateway to escape her issues, such as the ghosts of her family, and the thoughts of what could be. Though most of all she felt she was the one who at the time, could control what happens. When at the border there she was, as Desdemona would always prepare for the worst that may happen to any visitor at all. It felt like she could prevent what could be, any dangers that may lurk, she would be the one to confront them.

Though all that thoughts inwardly would probably not do good. Upon realizing she thought of it and didn't speak, there was a clear pause in her words as she regained balance in thoughts, "I am in control of what I do. If there is an enemy at the border, I am one of the first on the lines. It is a line of defense to prevent the worst that may seek here. Constantly on the movement and watching for any dangers that may lurk."

"It is not a life for everyone, but it's my life."
spear of the sun
263 Posts
Ooc — Bo
“Are you happy?”

The question hung in the air after she had offered her explanation to him. It was an honorable life that she led – bound by her duty and her physical strength. Why was it that it seemed such a simple thing? The inkwell knew that if he allowed himself to venture on the thought and to try to comprehend the extent of that simplistic lifestyle, he was quickly overcome by the wave of anxious unknowns. Atlas was still young, and he had not yet learned enough about the life he was intended to live.

Still, he wanted to know if the woman was happy with her life.

It was one thing to find peace in the work that was provided. It was another entirely to find true fulfillment in the act of offering one’s body to their pack. Was Desdemona really so content that she would simply continue living and fighting with no intention of growing beyond that? Was it too much to ask that of her?
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"Yes." After she said so her head gingerly tilted to the side in a more thought. She counted herself as happy, content with life itself. She had a home to call forth, a pack she was loyal to, and hopefully loyal to hers back, a place to stack her destiny- a claim, just.. Somewhere, she belonged.

Though it couldn't be denied there was something empty that was just 'there,' on being a guard. Desdemona didn't have that desire to move up, she felt firstly undeserving, and secondly knew there was always another more suitable in a role besides herself. Above all else, it simply wasn't something she cared for. She was not a sociable creature, but one that preferred the shadows and silently guard, it was a peaceful way of living for the spider-woman.

She couldn't figure out what it was, but something told her it had to do with the factor of her missing siblings, and maybe the simple absence of friends and family.

"Perhaps I need more friends." Then after so, she silently said the truth.
spear of the sun
263 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The answer came with little explanation afterward. Atlas took that as a sign that he should not press the matter any further. If she said that she was happy, he had no reason not to trust her. After all, she had built her life the way that she had wanted it, had she not? Desdemona had always seemed certain of herself and the skills that she had to offer to Moonspear. The dark Ostrega could not help but to imagine this came from her finding her passion to follow through with the skills she was strongest in. He wondered if that was where happiness came from.

When the earthy woman explained that she would like to have a few more friends, the shadow bowed his head a bit and nodded. He felt the same if he was being honest. There were not many wolves that he hadn’t met within Moonspear, but there were many outside of their borders that he had never even crossed paths with once. Most of his friendships were with his family and those who were closest to the Ostregas.

“I’ll be your friend, Desdemona.”
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Rarely so did Desdemona smile. Sometimes she thought how some comment she doesn't seem 'happy' like the others, and why she does not.. But she simply did not felt the need to constantly crane her facial movement. Thus rarely did others see it so, but when Atlas offered so, for once did she crack a smile.

"I'd be honored to, Atlas."

Friends were a tricky subject for herself; especially since the man who offered was her superior's sons, and little did she know a future Beta. There was always a feeling of simply being a subordinate then of a friend to others, and as rank changes, she always felt it was undeserved, and kept to the backgrounds.

It was hard to count anyone as one, but she would like to one day. Truly, find a companion.

But a part of her still said, she was unworthy.
spear of the sun
263 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Fade for a new one maybe??? <3

Being honored felt like an extreme emotion, but the dark yearling was touched that she felt as much. He did not think that it was an honor to befriend himself, but that Desdemona was being kind to him because of his lineage. She had always been rather straightforward with her answers, at least for the times that Atlas had spoken to her closely. He trusted that she would tell him how she honestly felt without having to persuade her much to share.

“How about we grab something to eat? I’ve worked up an appetite with all this fretting.”

The inkjet young beast turned to her with gleaming gold eyes and offered a soft smile. Nothing would make him feel more at peace than sharing a meal with his new friend. He hoped that the dutiful woman would feel the same.