Redhawk Caldera Run for your money
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Meerkat asked whether or not the beavers would disappear now that the Firebirds (Redhawks?) had returned. Nah, I don't think they'll leave all this hard work behind. So long as we don't eat all of them, they'll reproduce and continue to be a regular food resource for us. As was the circle of life and all that jazz. Overhunting could become an issue if the wolf population got too large, but there was plenty of wilderness, and there was always room to spread out, stretch, and grow.

We did. Towhee and I were born here. Uncle Eljay, too. I lived here until I was about a year old before I went off on my own. Towhee stayed around and moved with your Aunt Raven, Aunt Finley, and Uncle Elwood to Heron Lake Plateau not too much longer after. This place was rich with family history, and Phox smiled pleasantly remembering all the times he'd spent here as a kid. He was looking forward to raising his next litter with Niamh here come spring; creating a whole new chapter of memories with her and their children, both current and future.

Satisfied with his brief scouting of the beaver dam, he began working his way up the slope once more, Meerkat in tow. C'mon, I want to show you why this place is really special. He was, of course, talking about the lake that was the caldera's most unique feature. The trees began to thin out as they climbed upward, but the view when they got to the top was spectacular. From their view facing south, the rendezvous site could be seen to the right, the small peak directly ahead, and the small woods to the left.

After Phox had sipped on the sight, he looked over his shoulder to see Meerkat's expression.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Messages In This Thread
Run for your money - by Phox - November 01, 2020, 02:21 PM
RE: Run for your money - by Meerkat - November 01, 2020, 04:17 PM
RE: Run for your money - by Phox - November 01, 2020, 05:02 PM
RE: Run for your money - by Meerkat - November 01, 2020, 07:08 PM
RE: Run for your money - by Phox - November 01, 2020, 07:39 PM
RE: Run for your money - by Meerkat - November 01, 2020, 08:49 PM
RE: Run for your money - by Phox - November 01, 2020, 08:58 PM
RE: Run for your money - by Meerkat - November 01, 2020, 09:14 PM
RE: Run for your money - by Phox - November 01, 2020, 09:40 PM