Brecheliant
NPC
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Wraen went on to say that Moonspear wasn't bad, but that she was just different in how she did things. Wraen put some things in perspective, but still, Eljay found it hard to believe. Despite all of it, he felt that the pack should've supported Wraen. That they should've chosen her, not Moonspear. No matter the reasons, they didn't matter. Wraen was their friend and their leader; she was family. It was like Towhee said: she was a Firebird, a Redhawk and a Blackthorn all in her own way, like all of them.

It was very altruist that she gave up on the pack, on all of it, for the pack, but it still didn't sit right with him. There was another thoughtful pause after Wraen stopped talking, and he smiled fondly at the last thought. That was nice...

... But it was also wrong, he felt. If they're good people, why would they hate you for supporting Arcturus in his choices? Eljay remembered that Arcturus had come here by his own devices. He had chosen. And still, I think... I feel that I've failed you, Wraen. That we all did. Heck, I didn't even know this was going on. I was so... Drowning. And now that his head was finally sticking out of the thick fog that Wiffle's death had left behind, a lot had changed. He'd almost lost Maia over it. And he wasn't sure he wanted to lose her - or Wraen - again. The thing is not whether Moonspear was wrong here. It's that we should've all chosen to be a pack above supporting our allies, all of us. The strength of a wolf is in the pack. And the pack can only be strong if we all trust and support each other. I'm not... I'm not saying we should all hate Moonspear... He frowned thoughtfully. But we should have chosen our pack mates over our allies. Every time. And in turn, we... He looked up at Wraen now, feeling flustered and nervous about saying this about her actions, but knowing he had to, Should trust in the pack to make those right choices, too. Being a leader doesn't mean you have to choose for us by leaving. It means... I don't know, helping us make the right decisions I guess, and being there for us, but -- and -- Wraen, you should have seen it. That you would always be more important to every one of us than the alliance with Moonspear. He looked at her then, not looking away like he usually would after saying such a bold statement. Because he knew for sure that he was right this time (even though he was a total noob at pack politics). Eljay was completely determined that that was the truth of the matter. So determined, in fact, that he spoke on behalf of the whole pack for convenience's sake.
Messages In This Thread
you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 11, 2020, 06:06 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 15, 2020, 03:51 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 16, 2020, 01:58 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 17, 2020, 06:56 AM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 17, 2020, 07:33 AM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 17, 2020, 04:30 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 17, 2020, 05:40 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 17, 2020, 06:07 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 18, 2020, 02:37 AM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 07:52 AM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 18, 2020, 01:44 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 03:04 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 18, 2020, 03:18 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 03:41 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 18, 2020, 04:07 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 04:23 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 18, 2020, 05:30 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 19, 2020, 02:12 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 19, 2020, 03:49 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 21, 2020, 01:16 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 22, 2020, 02:58 AM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 22, 2020, 08:19 AM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 23, 2020, 03:33 AM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 23, 2020, 04:17 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 24, 2020, 08:11 AM