Brecheliant
NPC
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
When Wraen said that being a leader was taxing, Eljay nodded. I can't imagine, but it must be. He had never been a leader, after all. The closest he had come to it was when Wiffle had asked him to become an Honoree, and then the thought of her appointing him leader had been so scary. Admittedly, right now it wasn't as scary at all as it had been back then, though he didn't consider himself someone who would take up the helm of any pack. Instead, he half-jokingly said, Guess my parents got it right, huh, sticking to Beta. It seemed a lot easier to just advise the one who carried the brunt of the weight than having to carry it all on your own back.

Eljay nodded as Wraen further explained. He didn't mean that she should've lead them forever — he just wished she'd stepped down and stayed with them. The herd dog in him hated the thought that they couldn't have stuck with some of their own, made them stay, and he wondered still if it was in part his fault — their fault — or if it was only Wraen's stubbornness that was to blame.

As if she sensed this, Wraen said that he shouldn't feel bad for her. Well, maybe his thoughts were in part selfish, he realised as she said that, because he really just wanted them to be together, the family; everyone. Wraen included, there. He nodded and let out a sigh, though it was unclear whether he was disappointed in that he hadn't been able to convince her of his thoughts, or that he agreed with her. ... I know. I just... He shook his head, as if dismissing the thoughts. It didn't matter. I guess you're right. I just miss having you around. Of course, Maia, too, but Wraen was as much a part of that equation for him as Maia was. Well, okay, maybe Maia a little bit more. But still; seeing Wraen again made Eljay realise how much he missed it when everyone was a part of the same pack. Maybe it meant a little bit more to him than to others because for him, his world was limited pretty much to the pack so just dropping by for a visit wasn't as easy.

Trying to shift onto more positive subjects Eljay asked, So uhm, where are you staying now? Did you find somewhere nice to settle down yet? Are you planning to make a pack, or just band together with you guys for the winter..?
Messages In This Thread
you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 11, 2020, 06:06 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 15, 2020, 03:51 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 16, 2020, 01:58 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 17, 2020, 06:56 AM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 17, 2020, 07:33 AM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 17, 2020, 04:30 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 17, 2020, 05:40 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 17, 2020, 06:07 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 18, 2020, 02:37 AM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 07:52 AM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 18, 2020, 01:44 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 03:04 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 18, 2020, 03:18 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 03:41 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 18, 2020, 04:07 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 04:23 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 18, 2020, 05:30 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 19, 2020, 02:12 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 19, 2020, 03:49 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 21, 2020, 01:16 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 22, 2020, 02:58 AM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 22, 2020, 08:19 AM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 23, 2020, 03:33 AM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Wraen - November 23, 2020, 04:17 PM
RE: you're always talking but you're not playing - by Eljay - November 24, 2020, 08:11 AM