Sunset Valley I wish I didn't need you to explain
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He didn't say anymore about Stag, and she was grateful; she couldn't think about it and continue to focus on navigating the edge of the glacier. It as hard enough to look over the ice and not think about all the ways she had failed there too. She held his gaze as he spoke. He started and stopped as if not sure how to say what he wanted to tell her, and she studied his face after a quick glance to the ground in front of them. She knew what he was referring to—the last time she had been on her own. That had not been her proudest moment, and now the memory was taunted even further by her anger over what had happened with Mahler. Morbidly, she wondered if he would still offer to help her now if he found her on death's doorstep. Taikon's promise that they would be okay soothed the anger some. A grateful smile briefly curved her lips, and she nodded. I know, Taki told him. She knew they would be fine as long as they stayed together. 

The next part would require them to climb a little, and she heaved herself up on deft paws, appearing to have done this many times before. She turned to Taikon as she climbed a bit higher. It can be slick; be careful. It was partially why she had chosen this place—it would be difficult for anyone to find them, let alone sneak up on them. But, she did not want Taikon to get injured. It wasn't too much of a climb before the ground leveled out and they would find themselves standing in front of the opening of a small cave. She looked over at her friend. This will be safe, she assured him. Then she trotted inside and dropped to the ground. As he had suspected, she was exhausted. She could tell he was too. They just needed some rest, and then they could regroup and figure out what to do next.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 21, 2020, 12:05 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 21, 2020, 12:27 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 21, 2020, 10:43 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 21, 2020, 11:29 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 22, 2020, 12:42 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 22, 2020, 01:09 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 22, 2020, 01:48 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 22, 2020, 02:15 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 23, 2020, 12:45 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 23, 2020, 01:38 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 23, 2020, 02:33 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 23, 2020, 11:11 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 24, 2020, 01:24 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 24, 2020, 07:32 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 25, 2020, 12:52 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 25, 2020, 05:34 PM