Emberwood i'm thinking of changing my name, thinking of wrecking a home
He nods to her first question, allowing her to finish before he starts to speak. The questions she poses are valid, but they don't concern him overly much. She's already listening to him, already following his logic to some extent, and he's certain he can bring this to a favorable conclusion. Because you'll be watching me, He offers, continuing. You'll watch to see if I'm a liability, if my intentions are false — if I'll betray you or abandon you. And if you see a hint of it, you'll drive me off, or kill me. It's what I would do, and I don't hold it against you. A slight pause, barely a breath. I'm not asking for trust. I'm not likely to give it, either. But I don't have any reason to lie to either of you — Taikon likely saved my life. No stranger has ever done that for me before. I wouldn't just throw that away. A rare spark of emotion in his voice, a flash of it in silver eyes, intense but gone quickly. And then he lets out a breath, white-hot fire searing through his skull again. His thoughts fall away from him for a moment — but thankfully, he's already at the end of what he'd planned to say.
common || « french »
Messages In This Thread
RE: i'm thinking of changing my name, thinking of wrecking a home - by Zephyr - November 28, 2020, 06:53 PM