Silverlight Terrace i pray you can make it better down here
77 Posts
Ooc — Van
Private 
// @Death - set for the 19th, nighttime

Leaving the territory had been monumentally difficult, but Mintaka had managed. The trip was a relatively short one, fortunately, and she was able to get back to the lone tree in the field before too late at night. She'd practically sprinted the whole way, almost afraid that she'd be left behind, because technically it was after sunfall. But she'd had to wait for it to get dark to run off in the first place, and she hoped Almight hadn't gone on already.

After all, it was kind enough of him to wait on her as long as he had. She couldn't imagine it had been an easy thing for him to do.

But her fears would prove to be unfounded. It was dark, but there was definitely a familiar black shape atop the hill, near the tree. Adrenaline urged her to run a little more, until she skidded to a halt at the top of the hill in front of him.

Her breath escaped in heavy puffs of steam, eyes wide and a smile on her maw. "Hi," she breathed, tail slowly waving behind her. "You waited for me."
"I have abandoned all emotions as useless sentimentality."
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He'd spent the days pacing, catching a critter for a meal every now and again, anxiously awaiting Minty's arrival. Every hour spent alone doubled the anxiety he felt - the doubt that she'd even come, planted there by his family, almost convincing him to run off without her. He avoided going anywhere near the mountain she came from, afraid he'd be invited in or - and God forbid - be recognized by Minty's family. He'd grown out of his boyish looks and seemed a capable adult right about now, sure, but if Minty recognized him still it meant others could as well.

After the third sunfall, he bit his lip so hard it bled. Dusk turned into night and the stars came out to play. He still sat alone by the tree, angry and disappointed but not at all surprised. He didn't want to underestimate Minty, but he could easily see her spilling secrets and being talked into staying. Fuck, what if they came to hunt him down? Surely she wouldn't allow it... They were - friends, weren't they? But she had little say, it seemed, where she lived.

He sighed glancing a final time in the direction of Moonspear. Only then did he spot a silver figure, moving about a bit anxiously. He'd be lying if he said his heart didn't skip a beat, but then again, he was prone to doing so regardless. He gathered himself, self consciously smoothing his fur down here and there - he didn't understand why though, it wasn't like he cared about his appearance around anyone. Yeah - you should be thankful, sun's been gone for aaages. He teased with a confident shake of his head. He looked in the distance behind her, asking cautiously; Anyone follow you?
77 Posts
Ooc — Van
The girl caught her breath quickly and huffed out a bright laugh. "Yeah, I just had to say goodbye to my aunt before I left. It took a little longer than I expected," she informed him, trying not to let herself feel too sad about leaving Keres behind. It wasn't like she would never see her again or anything - Keres loved her, and she loved Keres, and she'd be back to visit. Perhaps not on Moonspear's territory, because she was terrified of how Hydra was going to react to her leaving. 

"No, I don't think anyone followed me," she assured, looking over her shoulder, just in case. No dark figures, no yellow or blue eyes slicing into her from a distance. But that didn't mean that she was safe forever - just... for the moment. 

Her legs were shaking. Or, her whole body was shaking, but she mentally convinced herself it was just her legs. That was a long run, after all, and it wasn't like she was scared. Just... it would be weird not to be a little worried right now, wouldn't it?

"Where are we going?" Mintaka asked, looking back up to Almight. Surely he had some form of a plan. "I don't think it'd be a great idea to stay around here."
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
His ear flicked and he raised an eyebrow in confusion. So, she knows you're going? And she was cool 'bout that? If that was the case, maybe Minty didn't have it that bad here after all. Oh well - he wasn't to blame for fueling her fantasies and he was far too selfish to bring it up. She was tagging along with him now, that's all she needed. Time to break that shell of hers and introduce her to the world.

He smiled as she asked where they were going. Honestly, they could go anywhere - and Almight didn't really have a plan as to where to take her first. He hadn't spent a whole lot of time in the Teekon, but he was sure it was just as beautiful as the big unknown he'd wandered about in his months away. I'd like you to choose a direction. He said with a wag of his tail. There's no wrong answer.
77 Posts
Ooc — Van
"Well, she didn't get mad about it. That's why I told her - not my mother," she explained. Hydra would likely be furious that she left, and Mintaka hadn't wanted to stick around to see what she had to say about it. The thought made her feel kind of nauseous. It wasn't that she thought her mother hated her, or anything, but she certainly never wanted to be on the receiving end of her teeth

The direction was up to her to decide? That thought was kind of intimidating, but at the same time, freeing. Mintaka hummed, looking around at the horizon in all directions. She'd been west, sort of, but never east. "The mountains, over there?" she tried, tipping her head to the side. "Maybe we can go see what's on top of them." Mountain climbing was familiar, but never that one in particular. A small smile crossed her maw as she looked up at her companion, relaxing at the sight of a wagging tail. Was that the first time she had ever really seen that in him? she wondered vaguely. 

But she didn't mention it. Best not to ruin the moment.
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
After their conversation, Keres could not help but follow the trail of the young girl at a distance, her wounded heart bleeding as it had when her own children had left the nest. She had not expected this pain, not this strongly at least, after only a few months with the silver-shine girl. Mintaka would be a woman soon, this Keres knew, and was at the cusp of an age where she would be able to make her own decisions; she had just started a litlle early, she supposed.

It wasn't long before the woman stole into the terrace under the shine of moonlight, finding her niece partnered with a boy not much older than her, his coat of pitch seeming as if it swallowed any light that touched it. Keres had seen boys of his kind before and while he likely acted tough, she would make sure that no harm would befall her little look-a-like.

So, she approached. Not with aggression and snarls and teeth but with a quiet sense of purpose. Even the natural display of dominance was not forced, drawing up even with Mintaka to glance at her and then the boy for a moment before she spoke. Not to both of them, though; just to him. The words were for him, though Mintaka would be privy to them, her voice sure and strong as it had ever been.

You will protect her, She started, meeting his eyes unfailingly, pine green shining teal under the moon. Perhaps a surprise to them, she was not here to stop them but to give the same talk she had given to her own daughters when they had set out. If she is in danger, you will run to her side. If harm befalls her, you will heal her or find someone to heal her. If you are the one that harms her, you will be found and dealt with.

Mintaka deserves to be happy, and if you can give her that, then fine. But make sure it is true happiness. Do you understand?
10055/50000 (10055/50000)
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He looked at her, still a little confused. Perhaps her aunt had just acted cool about it so Minty wouldn't get upset. She was probably telling her whole pack about her leaving already, and they were now sharpening their spears and axes. If they were going to stick together, he really oughta teach her about what to tell other wolves and what to keep for herself.

He was just about to set off in the direction she'd chosen, curious himself as he'd never gone that way before, when the sound of footfalls made the fur on his neck stand upright. With a low, intimidating snarl did he fling himself between Minty and the approaching intruder. 'Twas a woman, he could make out her features in the soft glow of the moon, but he cared little for who she was at the moment. When the woman did not lower herself into a fighting stance or try and get past him to get to Minty, his tensed muscles relaxed for a moment.

His ears, that'd been lowered in his instinctual jump to aggression, slowly lifted when the woman explained what she'd come to tell them. One darkened brow raised in surprise and judgement as he listened. I understand. He replied stoically. But I predict she won't need my protection when she's been on the road for a while. She strikes me as a fast learner. He added with a small smirk, eyes flicking back to try and catch a glimpse of the silvery girl.
77 Posts
Ooc — Van
Mintaka had not expected to be followed, but in hindsight, it kind of made sense that her aunt would at least want to see who she was with. Still, she jolted at the sound of another voice, and spun around, but there was really no need. Almight had planted himself between her and the perceived threat, and Mintaka felt her eyes widen in surprise. 

Truly, the act had rendered her unable to speak up - that she didn't need protection. She'd been protected for her entire life, after all. 

So she stayed quiet, letting the two of them talk for a moment, before she stepped in, brushing her flank against his. "We'll be okay," she assured them both, offering her aunt a small smile. "We're gonna be looking out for each other." And while Mintaka did not have the experience that he did, she was certainly going to do her very best.