Neverwinter Forest Water from your broken iris fell toward the floor
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
if everyone is okay with it, i was thinking we have a 48 hour skip rule to keep things moving

She searched the trees for Mal's form, gaze immediately tracking any movement. But the form she saw first was too dark to be Mal; she instantly recognized Vallkyrie. Simmik's eyes followed the hare as it fell to the ground and then whipped back up to study her old packmate's face. Her expression was cold and angry, matching the words she offered as she stopped in front of them. They had been struggling, that much she could see by the other woman's thin form. But how was that her fault? She was one wolf; they didn't depend on her that much. The winter had been difficult for everyone, and she could not be blamed for that. Still, she couldn't help the stab of guilt in her chest. Her jaw tightened, and she lifted her chin and she leveled Vallkyrie with her own icy stare. Her words hurt, but she refused to let her see that.

She opened her mouth to speak, but the words died in her throat as Mal appeared. She saw his relief suddenly turn into anger; it was palpable. He looked rough, and that hurt more than anything else so far. He had been struggling, too, and it made her heart ache. She suddenly wished she hadn't come here. He was better off thinking she was dead than to have to hear what she had was going to tell him. His words left no room for debate—he wanted Ky gone. She shifted one step towards her friend. Mal, she said first, the word just as stern as his were, but with a hint of pleading. I need to— she was cut off by his booming request—HE LEAVES. Her jaw tightened, and she stiffened. She took another step towards him, even as she felt his anger deep in her heart. Let me tal— she was interrupted again. She snarled and raised her voice. ENOUGH she boomed in return, authority in her voice. Her tail raised raised and her ears flattened. He stays. Now, Let me explain. She stared Mal down, shifting so that she was standing between Ky and and the neverwinter forest wolves. She caught Cam's scent on the frigid breeze, but she couldn't place his position. She remained on high alert, ready to shift into action if needed; she hoped it wouldn't be, though, and she could at least be given the chance to speak.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
RE: Water from your broken iris fell toward the floor - by Simmik - February 09, 2021, 05:23 AM