Hideaway Strath [m] i'm spiraling, i'm sinking down
416 Posts
Ooc — Iris
When the Alpha's head came near to him, Charles instinctively lowered his head and his tail tucked between his hind legs, ready to roll to his back if need be. Perhaps the sarcasm in his words hadn't been noticed and he had insulted Kynareth. It was a deep instinctive thing in him, fueled by the many days where he had pestered his mother to get attention until she eventually snapped at him.

Much to his surprise, it was only a bump to the shoulder — amicable, almost — which left Charles feeling a weird knot in his stomach. From his words it became clear that Kynareth did misinterpret what Charles said as truthful (or so the coywolf himself thought, anyway) but he decided not to interject, anyway. Charles straightened his body out again because he didn't want to appear meek and submissive. He wasn't really sure what to do with his Alpha's words, though. Was that a compliment? And...

Sweeatheart?

Before Charles could fully process the gravity of that word, Kynareth spoke again. There was a grin on his face that was eerie and chilled Charles to the bone. Soon it became clear why; he'd fought against Easthollow, with Ursus. Charles instantly felt the urge to say that he hadn't fought against the Saints, or Ursus, or.. well, anyone. But if he did that, then wouldn't he also admit to being a coward?

Charles remembered that he had been at the borders once, and a wolf had been torn apart there. Just thinking about it brought him back. Was that a Saints wolf? Or an Ursus one? Charles honestly knew little about Ursus — he didn't even know that its leader was a relative of his — because his mother had never told him much.

He swallowed thickly and said, .. Oh.. and though he tried to sound casual and look casual and act cool he totally failed, and looked pretty afraid. Quickly the coywolf added, They suck. though even he was not really sure what he was trying to say there.
Messages In This Thread
[m] i'm spiraling, i'm sinking down - by Charles - April 02, 2021, 05:47 AM
RE: [m] i'm spiraling, i'm sinking down - by Charles - April 09, 2021, 02:17 AM
RE: [m] i'm spiraling, i'm sinking down - by Charles - April 16, 2021, 08:17 AM
RE: [m] i'm spiraling, i'm sinking down - by Charles - April 23, 2021, 02:31 AM
RE: [m] i'm spiraling, i'm sinking down - by Charles - April 28, 2021, 03:31 AM
RE: [m] i'm spiraling, i'm sinking down - by Charles - April 29, 2021, 02:09 AM
RE: [m] i'm spiraling, i'm sinking down - by Charles - May 04, 2021, 05:54 AM
RE: [m] i'm spiraling, i'm sinking down - by Charles - May 10, 2021, 04:27 AM