Duskfire Glacier when it hurts this good, you gotta play it twice
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
After he took a drink, the first thing out of Rye's mouth was an argument. Lane had to consider that maybe he didn't have a concussion.. maybe it was just in his nature to be a little contrary. His body language toed the line between teasing and challenging, and Lane couldn't help but fire right back. 

"That's exactly how I feel. I'm pregnant, not invalid. There's no reason why I can't contribute fully like everyone else, or at the very least just do my job." She raised a brow, wondering how much he recalled from the previous day. He certainly hadn't made things easier, running off when she was trying to treat him, functioning on the misguided notion that she was putting herself in danger by simply doing her job while pregnant

She might have gone on to give him a mouthful about that, but he interrupted her train of thought with his expression of gratitude. 

"Sure thing," Lane replied, deflating a bit as her exasperation faded. She sure was touchy lately. 

She perked up as Rye began to give what few details he could recall from the accident, which was really just that bit about chasing a fox. Lane hummed thoughtfully. Foxes could be tricky little demons; she wouldn't be surprised if it had led Rye over the precipice on purpose. 

"Well, Tzila found you at the bottom of a rocky ravine, in those woods over there." Lane nodded in the direction of the pit; the site of Rye's accident wasn't all that far, seeing as they had wanted to avoid walking Rye too much once he was bandaged. "Best guess is, you fell. You're pretty beaten up, and you've got a nasty wound behind your shoulder.. You probably hit your head too. You were conscious when I got there, but you.. ah, you weren't the easiest patient." 

Now the Rye seemed to be more or less okay, it was easier for Lane to see the humor in the situation. Amusement pulled at the corners of her expression. She was not known for being an easy patient herself, when she was the one being treated. 

"You've got a marigold and horsetail poultice under that bandage, at the moment. I'd like to add a little oak leaf to the mix, if you'll let me take a look." Lane took a hesitant step forward, but she would wait to touch Rye until he'd given his permission.
Messages In This Thread
RE: when it hurts this good, you gotta play it twice - by Lane - May 16, 2021, 03:32 PM