Redhawk Caldera atama-no-nai yama
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
All Welcome 
while pharaoh had returned from his visit to the saints, satsu was not yet ready to hear any news in regard to the barbarians or their tiger lord. besides, @Ramesses was keeping himself well tended-to by his following of women.
the shared space of the mesa had become a little bit cramped for satsu, who had grown tired of the stench of coyote that now clung to the more secret paths. rather than confront the issue that she saw before her, the woman did what came naturally: she ignored it and chose to escape for a time.
better to be out of earshot of their antics anyway.
moving west across the meadow, satsu saw what appeared to be a mountain - or something closer to a headless mountain, if that was at all logical or possible - and so towards this odd shape she travelled. as she picked her way carefully up the slopes to where the scent of wolf lay dominant, she paused to reflect on her decision.
this place looked to be home to many of her kind.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Marching alongside the border, stopping occasionally only to lay down a fresh scent marker or scan the area, the ursine she-wolf patrolled in an almost casual manner. Today has been a pleasant day and it didn’t feel like much could sour it for her ...or so she thought. It didn’t take her long to notice the small figure loping over the slope and soon standing by the border. They were small, didn’t look familiar, and their tail looked like they had a slight curl to it. She waited to hear a howl; a call for leadership - or anyone - to talk to but there was only silence alongside a look of indecision.

If the stranger was going to stand at their borders and hesitate to announce their presence...well, she’ll help them out and announce hers. Once Aliana was close enough she let out a chuff, notifying the other of her approach.

“Greetings, Stranger. You stand at the borders of the Redhawk Caldera, what brings you here?” Aliana stated in a neutral yet cordial tone.

The scent of the stranger tickled the back of her head with familiarity as with her fat snout, she could pick up a Pack scent. The smell was light, a sign that they’ve been traveling but it was still there. And she has smelt it before… The memories of the plains… of the disrespectful black she-wolf bubbled up as well as Hiero’s word of warning. Yes, she could put a full label on the scent now.

The Saints.

This wolf… was from the Saints. Most likely a scout. They could have possibly been a wolf that has...left the Saints not too long ago. But she wasn’t in the position to just give the benefit of the doubt … not after what she’s heard of them and her own personal experience with one of them. Not just that, she had the pups to think of… Though she doesn’t voice any of her thoughts or worries. Not yet. She waits politely for the stranger to speak while her face stays relatively neutral though her eyes couldn’t help but narrow slightly.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
satsu was content to merely watch from on high, keeping far out of trouble. it had been weeks since she had been around a gathering of her own kind; even then, she had not fit in with the people she had found.

while she waited there she wondered about the area. about what kind of people could be living within. she was surprised when a dark shape materialized nearby, ears pivoting to the sound of a chuff.

the stranger was formidable. she would have been well suited for the ranks of the saints on size alone; but the sight of her made satsu suddenly concerned. she drew back a step from the ledge that overlooked her view, bowing sharply.

i—i am sorry, i do not mean to be too close. as she lifts her head she looks upon the woman, studying the warm, dark coat she carries and not looking her in the eye, out of respect. were all the wolves of this land giants, she wonders...?

i wondered about who lived in the area. my friend and i, we hope to make a home of the mesa to the east. ah, i am... i am called satsu. our home, we hope will be akashingo.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
One of her brows rose as this she-wolf - Satsu- bowed their head and averted their eyes respectfully. Well, it was surprising to her as the last Saint she had met tried to coerce her into hunting on her last pack’s Hunting grounds than had the gall to leave a scent mark before leaving the area. Though at the same time this WAS a Pack… Of course, there wouldn’t just be nothing but disrespectful meatheads running it. There would be the mediators - the smooth talkers of the pack but there was only so much a mediator can do or say with a pack with such a notorious reputation as The Saints.

“To the East, huh … ?” Aliana pauses for a moment and lets that roll around in her head to the She-wolf would most likely take this as her thinking. And she was. How far east? Was this Mesa close? Would it just be this... scout and their friend -- most likely another Saint -- or would more come...? That would be the worst-case scenario. She would have to report this to Towhee or Runenna immediately. For now, she would try and get some more information...

“... I’m fairly new to the area and this pack so I’m afraid I do not know much of this land. What I do know of is that to the far north-west of us is a Pack called ...Moonglow? And to southwest past a great lake is the pack, Brecheliant.” She continued, “Hm, I hope you don’t mind me asking… But what made you ...move to this Mesa?”

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
the woman had much to say; mostly that they were new to the lands, and could not spare many details. it was unfortunate but satsu did not fault the woman for this. with a nod, satsu was prepared to make her farewell and depart - but the woman had a question, which satsu felt obliged to answer.

my friend and i grew tired of our home, which was a more pleasant way to describe their circumstances.
we were both ill-suited to the place and the people there. our leaders gave us their blessing to find our own place within the world and so we left, travelling across the valley. my friend — ramesses — he liked the look of the mesa. she smiles as she recalls the first day they found it, all the exploration they accomplished. the night spent beneath an ocean of stars.

have you seen it? the mesa.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Ramesses - Aliana tucked that name away along with hers. Two wolves from The Saints living on a Mesa somewhere East of the Caldera, apparently with their Leaders ‘blessing’. She had the benefit of the doubt but went along with her words. Of course, if she told this Towhee she wouldn’t believe a word of it. She might want confirmation that they weren’t with the Saints anymore and if she smelt even a whiff of them on their land, she would seek to chase them away…

But that’s just her assumption.

They have pups and it’d be risky earning the ire of a pack like The Saints especially now…

“Mm, no. At least, I do not know… nor do I remember if I have. I have traveled across those lands before to reach the valley on the other side of the mountains but have never stopped to explore. But that was a while back...” Aliana replied, “ I have, though, lived over on Kintla for a few moon rises. Up in the more northern area by a river. Whitefish River.”

Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
yes, satsu thought that too - the mesa was a glorious place and hard to forget, she had not yet seen any place like it within these wilds. then again, she had not visited many places. it seemed unique to her.

white fish river, she repeated quietly to herself. it sounded as though this woman had been a wanderer for some of her life. the idea made satsu feel a little better about her own shifting fortunes and drifting path.

kin-la? what was the kintla? the girl's tongue did not appreciate the sound of it. i have not been across the mountains. before, i lived in the forests to the west of here, and now the mesa - there is much about this land i have not seen, and do not know.

you sound like quite the adventurer. satsu concluded with a smile.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
She only shook her head, “I'm...not much of a traveller - just looking for a place to call home and a Pack to call family. Something to protect, fight and bleed for.” Aliana admitted. 

That’s all she wanted ultimately, find a nice guy, maybe have a couple of pups and just be happy. She knew there were Wolves out there who seek Glory and other Adventure but Simplicity was what she sought. To have a home and family to protect and rest in with a sense of peace, a place she would fight and bleed for. That's a true home."I'm sure that's something we can both agree on, yeah...?"

Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
satsu had assumed too much. she listened and discovered that this woman was much like the wolves of the strath, having admitted to enough. it would be rude to refute her words so satsu tries to find the right way to answer while being true to herself.
ah, i am no warrior, but yes i do agree with... the sentiment, mostly.
it brought to mind what she had lost in her past life.
i hope that akashingo will be a good place to call home. with that satsu lost her motivation to speak. she stood before the guardian and shared a sombre moment.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Her head tilted for a moment, noticing the slight demeanor change in Satsu. Did her words bring up something? She lets the silence between them linger for a brief minute before speaking up, “If you have your heart into ... Aka-shi-go," She tried to pronounce without sounding rude, "then I'm sure it will be something you'll hold dear...  You don't have to be a warrior to defend your Pack and land. Not every battle is won with fangs, words can be just as sharp ... but I know there are some out there that would say ... otherwise.”

Ursus...

The Saints...

They were both the same whether they would admit it or not - two aggressive packs making life harder for those out there trying to live their lives. Loner and Pack alike.

"But as they say: "To each his own". However you and your friend decide to defend your new land, I wish you both luck." Aliana finished with a smile.

Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
satsu appreciated the woman's wisdom and the differing perspective. she gave a small nod, then smiled faintly as she saw the expression light up their face.
when my home is... stable, successful, i would like to return here and talk of friendship or exchange, if possible. she did not know of any dealings between her father and other han but this was a new venture entirely. best to find something that would work for akashingo.
whether the guard had more to say or not, satsu drew from her resting spot on the overhang and began to depart, heading homeward. she paused to listen, wagging her tail in a friendly manner, but would vanish in the end.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Aliana nods, “I am merely a humble border guard but I’ll make sure to tell my leaders. It’s up to them whether they want to ally with your pack but I’ll try to put in a good word.” As much as she could. She would have to tell them that Satsu and Ramesses are - were -  Saints scouts, where they were setting up, and that they would come back hoping for an allyship. She didn’t know whether they wanted to ally with a pack with any connections to the Saints.

She didn’t stop Satsu when she turned to leave and when she looked back, Aliana lightly bowed her head, “ I wish you luck.”  She called out before watching the She-wolf disappear in the distance. She stood there for a good minute to make sure they were gone ... before turning to the Caldera and walking back into the territory.

She had to tell this to one of the leaders...