Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
tags for reference! Will make Read Only in 7 days if nobody joins <3

Nothing in the Heartwood. 
Nothing anywhere so far. 
She kept looking anyway, calling for @Alduin and looking everywhere she could. 

She remember this place, pausing to take in the memory. Hydra had been here a year ago, with two others. Nyra had been on a mission, then. She had failed it.

Shaking her head, the Wardog continued on in her search.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
99 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
She knew she shouldn’t have left on her own, but Jasmine had needed the space. She could never be as nasty as her sister, nor as kindly as her brother, so what did that leave her? She couldn’t even stand on the ground of a daughter. Sylvie and Hymnal took those places too.

Jasmine had meant to leave and breathe and get back to Brecheliant again, but a few wrong turns had kept her overnight, and a few turns more had led her someplace she’d never been before. Then again the trees and the grasses all looked largely the same, but the smell of marsh only cling to her coat now, pinpointing her as entirely out of place in this rocky realm of mountain valley.

Not only was she lost, but there was a stranger nearby, to make matters wholly worse. She’d awakened to the echoing shouts of a word she didn’t know, and very quickly she saw the white of the lady’s fur which stood out like Diantha’s anger. Still bleary eyed, yet simultaneously alert, Jasmine hunched in the grass as she sought to still her racing heart, and find a path of escape without getting seen.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
A soft rustling in the underbrush caught Nyra's attention. Her head turned with bright eyes, expecting maybe Alduin, but he wasn't there. Instead, huddled in the greenery, was a child coated in browns.

With a soft sigh, the Overseer smiled gently and sat down, lowering to lie down while facing the cub.

"It's alright, I won't hurt you. Are you lost?" Nyra called softly to Jasmine, trying to appear less threatening.
Health (100/100)
99 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Too late.

The cloud-clad lady crouched down to meet her, and Jasmine met her with an ice-riddled stare.

"No." Jasmine pushed her voice through a clenched jaw. How did this lady know she was lost? Apprehension pricked the fur along the Nestling's spine. "What's it to you anyway?" She asked. Her hunkered frame might have seemed a dissonance compared with the boldness in her asking.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra chuckled at the small pup's boldness, the ire in her tone. 
Patiently, the Overseer smiled a tad as she answered. 

"A pup with a pack scent wouldn't be so far away from another adult, let alone their pack, unless they were lost." 
A knowing twinkle in her hellfire orbs, but not an unfriendly one. 
Just one that despite her own clan's reputation, wanted to help. 
"I can travel with you to get you home, if you'd like. Make sure you don't get snatched up by a bear or something, yeah?" Nyra offered, swaying her tail in the grasses.
Health (100/100)
99 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
She had a point, more of one than Jasmine really cared to admit. The child set her jaw. "I said I'm not lost," she insisted, then, "I meant to come here." As almost to convince herself this time. Because she had. Kind of.

But despite her own petulance, Jasmine saw the cloud lady's voice as laced with believable things. Like purple fire, if fire could ever be that colour. A warm kindling of sorts, with that potential to fan into something grander. Tame, credited only to the one who tamed it.

"I've never even seen a bear," she said matter of factly, like that somehow mattered, "how do I know you won't snatch me up first?" That, she felt, was a very valid question, and Jasmine felt proud of herself for thinking of such a rebuttal.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"Bears are massive. I'm sure you will see one someday. As for me, I have a soft spot for cubs." Nyra answered after a moment, acknowledging the validity of Jasmine's caution.
Perhaps extending the olive branch might help...

"My name is Nyra. I am the second alpha of the Saints of the Dying Light." 

And you are? 
Health (100/100)
99 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nyra presented herself well, and Jasmine was inclined to trust her. That stubborn streak still lingered, but the earthy girl uncurled herself a little more from her stiffened ball and appraised the stranger with a tight stare, in what little ways a child her age knew how.

She hadn't hurt her yet. And the colour of her voice was one she felt was pleasant, at least, to the mind.

But there was one thing that caught her off-guard, and Jasmine felt her fur prick along her spine. "Dying isn't good," she said, "my mom is dead. Why would you want to be known for that?"
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra chuckled softly, though it held undertones of sadness. 

"Death is a part of life. Yes, it's sad, but everything dies. As for the name of my pack, I'm not the one that named it, so I'm not sure why we go by that name." She answered honestly, letting out a yawn unexpectedly, even to herself.

"Apologies, I haven't slept in a while. My priorities at the moment are higher than getting sleep." Nyra sighed.
Health (100/100)
99 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nyra's answer didn't satisfy the child. Her first explanation disturbed her, and Jasmine chose not to dwell on what she had said, about everyone dying. Rather, she tapped into the answer Nyra couldn't give her. "Maybe you should find out why you're called that, then," she said. Jasmine didn't think she'd be the first to ask about why they'd chosen such an awful name for their family - something that should have been whole and beautiful. She was kind of glad, though, that Nyra's ignorance meant she wouldn't have to be the one to find out.

"What's more important than getting sleep?" Jasmine asked. She herself believed there were many things, but what she would give now, for a night she would feel secure and safe again! She thought of her siblings and wondered if they missed her, too...
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra hmmed in thought, watching the child in consideration. 
Adjusting her paws, the Overseer cleared her throat some. 
"The Saints were a pack once before, in a land far from the ones we're in. My co-lead was part of that pack, the heir and leader to utilize, actually. But someone betrayed him, and it resulted in that pack being killed. So, my co-leader started anew in these lands. That's all I know." She shrugged, swaying her tail. 

"I'm looking for one of the pups from my pack. He went missing almost a month ago. Grey with black stripes, red eyes. His name is Alduin." She explained patiently
Health (100/100)