The Tangle the sacred smoke of juniper, and mugwort purifies the air
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
619 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
When her eyes sought and found Mireille in the distance, Druid’s heart fluttered in her chest. She smiled at her friend from across the way, glancing sideways at her sisters to coax them forward—gaze lingering a little longer on Heda, silently encouraging—as she jogged to meet the seafarer in the middle. She didn’t even notice Mireille’s shadow until they all came to a standstill, the two youths from Sapphique facing the three sisters from Rivenwood.

She favored the redhead with the fondest of grins, which faded when her eyes slid sideways to regard the young male beside her. Druid’s face turned to stone as he held up something for their collective imprimatur. Her head tilted as she tried to make sense of what she was seeing, noting the tentative twitch of his tail. He had come bearing gifts. Besides, he must be Mireille’s brother.

Swallowing the sigh in her throat, Druid’s mismatched eyes flicked between the siblings as she stepped forward. It’s so good to see you again, Mireille, she said, craning forward to bump her nose against the girl’s cheek. She acknowledged the boy with a glance before turning to motion to her sisters. This is Heda and Witch, she introduced with utmost warmth, eyes sparkling.

Although she was so glad for the four of them to meet, Druid knew she should acknowledge Mireille’s brother and his gift. What’s this? she queried, attention landing on the items in his mouth again. She was rather more interested in the what than the who.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: the sacred smoke of juniper, and mugwort purifies the air - by Druid - November 08, 2021, 10:51 AM