The Tangle the sacred smoke of juniper, and mugwort purifies the air
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
619 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
When he spoke in the same pleasing elocution as his sister, it thawed some of the coolness in Druid’s demeanor. She had never heard the word “amulet,” though she continued peering raptly at the gifts. What did they protect and renew? How did they protect and renew?

Finally, she looked to Sobo’s face, lips parting to inquire. But Mireille asked if they were ready to see the sea and her brother responded with words she didn’t understand. Druid’s brow furrowed at this, feeling an inexplicable twinge of offense at this abstruse exchange and the lack of forthcoming translation.

Taking a breath and smoothing her proverbial petticoats, Druid echoed Witch’s more enthusiastic response with a slightly more tempered, Yes, we can’t wait, and sidled alongside Mireille. She glanced at her sisters, beckoning them with a grin and twitch of her head.

Her mismatched eyes then flicked to Sobo and Druid found herself saying, Thank you for the gifts, Sobo. Would I be able to wrap one around my ankle…? She wasn’t entirely sure how they were meant to be worn, if at all, but she thought she could wind one in the place where Bracelet usually rested. The thought put a small lump in her throat.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: the sacred smoke of juniper, and mugwort purifies the air - by Druid - November 30, 2021, 10:45 PM