Phoenix Maplewood canaid lia fáil
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
With the remnants of ash beneath her paws and the bright red, orange and yellow in the canopy above, this time of year it almost seemed that the Phoenix Maplewood was still aflame. Lane drifted through the airy woods, amber eyes scanning the trunks as she walked. She was on the lookout for the sap that the maple trees occasionally leaked, hoping it might be the missing ingredient to finalize her apple cider recipe. 

She caught Meerkat's scent and immediately changed course, following her nose to the gamma's position. They had a lot to catch up on, especially given the other scout's rather impromptu trip and the similarly unannounced arrival of her younger brother. 

"Hey," she greeted Meerkat. For some reason-- perhaps it was the way Meerkat looked when Lane arrived?-- Lane came to the realization that perhaps her and Meerkat's recent distance had been intentional on the part of the Redhawk. What could Lane have done? 

Oh shit. Oh no. Realization dawned, and guilt wrote itself across Lane's expression.

"Hey," she repeated, "Umm.. I think it's been a little weird between us, and I think I know why. I never checked in with you after I visited Redhawk Caldera." Lane winced. 

"I'm so sorry. I'm such a shit scout. It's just, I didn't really learn much. Your mom wasn't there, and your dad.. I dunno, I guess he wasn't up for talking to some stranger. I spoke with my Aunt Ruenna--" Lane still couldn't believe her call had been answered by the woman who raised her! Wasn't it crazy what a small world this was? "--And she said your mother was due back soon, and you should visit." Which Meerkat already had done, at this point. 

"I meant to check in with you, but when I got home it was just one thing after another. Veteran got beat up, and then Wintersbane.." Lane met Meerkat's gaze apologetically.
Messages In This Thread
canaid lia fáil - by Meerkat - November 11, 2021, 02:22 PM
RE: canaid lia fáil - by Lane - November 13, 2021, 02:42 PM
RE: canaid lia fáil - by Meerkat - November 15, 2021, 10:43 AM
RE: canaid lia fáil - by Lane - November 16, 2021, 10:01 AM
RE: canaid lia fáil - by Meerkat - November 16, 2021, 12:44 PM
RE: canaid lia fáil - by Lane - November 18, 2021, 01:17 PM
RE: canaid lia fáil - by Meerkat - November 18, 2021, 01:34 PM
RE: canaid lia fáil - by Lane - November 19, 2021, 09:35 AM
RE: canaid lia fáil - by Meerkat - November 19, 2021, 02:46 PM
RE: canaid lia fáil - by Lane - November 19, 2021, 03:22 PM
RE: canaid lia fáil - by Meerkat - November 19, 2021, 05:04 PM