Totoka River Life didn't use to be this complicated
57 Posts
Ooc — Eoran
Private 
This entire trip had been hard on War. She had stayed away from others for the most part, kept to herself and even strayed from Nyra. Not because she didn't want to be with her, but because this entire new pack, its language and ways of being was so far from her being that it was hard for her to imagine she had any worth here. Nyra needed this, this strange pack. Nyra needed healing, both in body and in spirit, War however needed war.

She longed for it, she longed to be on the battlefield and play the part of a savage being, to tear and rip into flesh and let the blood spill. She was constantly longing for it. So much that she had begun to see the battlefield, live and in front of her every other day, and it made her isolate herself even more. She would shake her head when Nyra asked her what was wrong. Now was not the time to explain, was it? Not when Nyra needed her support.

War had wandered off from the pack, yet again. She stepped into ice cold water of the river and stood still for so long her paws went numb from the cold. She hated this home, she hated to travel and being unable to guard and protect, she hated the language they spoke and she didn't understand a word of it. War didn't have the mental capacity to learn entire new languages either, so everything felt like a struggle, even when she attempted to remember words.

War had rarely been this frustrated without being able to do something about it. She used to have a sense of purpose, a goal in front of her. Now she had nothing but Nyra to look out for, and while that did feel good, it was not enough to fill out her life. She began daydreaming of the days of war and combat, forgetting she was standing in ice cold water.

Private for @Nyra
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra departed briefly from the Moonglow numbers to go to the river, where she planned to get a drink and head back.

Until she saw the familiar shape standing in the water. Eyes pinned to the russet berserker, the Warmaiden took a moment to solidify that she was seeing who she thought she was. 

War. 

Nyra's tail wagged and she bounded across the water with a happy bark, trying to alert her mate before she got too close. 
"I thought you left..." The fallen one greeted, looking upon War with fondness. She had been by her side through everything so far, after all.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
57 Posts
Ooc — Eoran
The former executioner woke from her slumber when she heard a familiar bark. She looked and found Nyra coming closer and War's cold ice thawed. "I thought you left..." "Never." The response was prompt, quick and without hesitation. She moved her nose into the white fur of her mate and gave her a gentle touch. No chance she was leaving a loved one behind. Nyra needed her support, and War needed her.

But soon enough War looked away from Nyra, reminded by the things that troubled her, the heave in her chest, the longing for combat, blood and war. It was in her DNA, it was part of her being. Everything she had ever done and been trained for was for bloodshed. How to display emotion, feelings and being a loved one, was unfamiliar territory to War.

"I long for a purpose, Nyra." She began stepping out of the ice cold water and looked back toward the Moonglow trail and then back at Nyra. "Moonglow is - fine. But not." Not my purpose. That's what she wanted to say, she hoped Nyra agreed, but War had often felt that the warmaiden had had a change of heart since the downfall of the saints. She wondered what her new outlook on things were, hoped she would be enlightened today.

"I need a purpose." But also you. She looked at Nyra with an expression that said sadness and confusion. She wanted to know everything was alright, she wanted things to go back to the life she had had, but she knew that wasn't possible anymore. The saints had too many enemies and too few followers.

What was to become of War?
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
tiny reply from me ;w;

Nyra listened as War vented her woes.
She needed a purpose, and Moonglow was not it.

The Warmonger stepped forward and bumped her nose to War's shoulder.
"When I am well again, we will find a purpose." Nyra vowed.

They would find or begin another pack. But this was a time for patience, as much as Nyra hated the fact.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls