Hideaway Strath I tell myself you don't mean a thing
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Making an assumption that Arashi knew of War's presence in Fury's life. Let me know if I need to change anything :3

It was abrupt, but something that needed to be addressed — especially given some of the words shared upon their last encounter.

Arashi knew not how @Fury would react, but this would not stop him from speaking his mind.

The hound arrived quickly at the mouth of her den. Once sure she was here, he entered with a settled gaze and a tense body. We must speak. There was urgency in his voice. It was as if this were a detrimental matter, and to him it may have been.

You are now a mother, you've had children, and you've had a lover. This I know. But there is something that haunts both my mind and heart. Over time, certain... feelings, have come about. I hold great loyalty to you, but not only in one way. Your life gives me purpose, but not only as my commander and sovereign. These were riddled words, but Arashi held great hope she would understand his meaning.

You may decide to embrace these feelings and welcome them, or you can dismiss them entirely; in such case being that I will set them aside and continue on as I have been. A grave tug bid me share these words.. for if I did not, each time my eyes are upon you, it as if I am lying to you and myself. It is never my wish to lie to you, nor hold any secrets.

Despite the blank features he held in his stare, Arashi's heart thumped within his chest. Questions flurried through his mind. Did she share these feelings? Would she despise him for admitting such a heinous thing? Would this cost him both his honor and her respect?

This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
As Arashi came to her den, she ushered Sovereign and Credence inside as the Warchief looked upon the samurai.

He spoke with urgency, and she saw in his eyes how his heart pounded so, she thought she could almost hear it hammering as he confessed. 

"You love me." Fury summarized when he had finished; With a soft yet completely genuine smile.
It was not a smile she was able to give often, and she felt a warmth spread through her body as she came to realize all in that very moment...

She loved him too.

Standing, the Queen looked upon Arashi eye to eye. Closer, she came to him, and finally, she would offer a soft nuzzle to his neck fur. 

She felt in her heart she would not need to say the same words for him to know she reciprocated.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

"You love me."

He swallowed, hard

Did he? The word love was never one he'd been accustomed to using. He had never loved anyone before. Is this what it meant?

The white woman smiled, which made his heart flutter faintly. Then she came closer and graced him with an affectionate gesture. In this moment, all of the nightmares he had faded from memory. The moments of guilt and hatred fluttered away. He felt nothing. Nothing, except for inner warmth.

Arashi remained still for a moment, unsure of whether to return the gesture? Was it proper? Hell no. She was his Warchief, his queen, his mistress. But at the end of the day, she was the only true being he cared for in this lifetime.

Screw it.

Chuffing softly, or as softly as his rough vocals would allow, the hound stroked her ear with his tongue and then proceeded to offer a nuzzle upon the flat of her cranium.

For once in his life, he had been granted the opportunity for someone to see him as anything other than a killer; a murderer; a puppet meant only to claim blood and return it to those who demanded it. And in this, pure content was the ultimate result.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury allowed his affectionate gestures with a soft, purr-like rumble. 

She wanted to offer him a place as her husband, but the Warqueen felt it was too soon to do such a thing. 
And that perhaps he might ask of it when he was ready. 
Fury felt maybe confessing himself might be enough of a rush for one day...

She would not force or rush him. Love was not something to be rushed or forced,  and she held him in high enough respects to allow him to choose.

In the meantime, she would lick Arashi's cheek with affection, and give a playful tug to his neck fur before she bounced back, tail waving with invitation. To indulge in fresh, primal, intuitive dance.

note that she's not necessarily inviting him to bang lol, more so a literal dancing type vibe <3
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Taking the eased tug as a form of challenge, Arashi growled playfully in acceptance. He was a soldier, and now a love bound one. None could ever make him back down from a challenge.

Bounding after in a fray of dark fur, the hound caught up to the snowy glare and nipped at her ear. His feet soon fell in step with her own, dancing along in a synced rhythm. It was a silent tune that they waltzed with, but the pounding thrum within his ears could not be denied. His heart had never slowed, growing even more anxious every second his eyes fell upon her. 

There was a part of Arashi that would have liked to claim the instinctive prize that any male sought, but he knew that he loved her for far many more reasons than to bring life into the world. She was life; his life, and had been since the day he met her. Only now was he beginning to realize just how close to him he wanted her to be.

After many paces had passed, his limbs grew tired and would give out if he didn't put an end to it. Chuffing heavily, Arashi turned to her and nudged at her flank. He didn't wait long enough to see if she understood the gesture before his underbelly met the ground, head falling to the side. It'd been a while since he'd last slept, so, of course, the amount of asserted energy wasn't helping him to stay motivated and on his feet.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury grinned brightly as he chased, glowing as lovers do, as he fell into step with her in their dance. 

It went on for some time, but eventually she herself grew tired, and would ease to the ground beside Arashi when he signaled their dances end. 

She would rest her head over his shoulder and be silent for a long time.
And eventually, she would lift her head, dare to ask him...

No. Never mind. 

The words died on her lips, as much as she wanted to ask him to be her husband, she didn't want to seem desperate, or rush him if he wasn't ready.

She returned her head to his shoulder with a soft exhale.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

The hound offered a deep grunt in approval of the joyous dance, relishing the touch of the pale woman laying beside him.

Feeling her head lift with an awkward pause arose a questionable look within his eyes. But she set it back down. Had there been words she wished to share? Why would she not if so?

You hold many skillful attributes, but playing silent is not one of them. He spoke with a gruff tone. It was a harsh way to phrase the comment, but it was true no matter how many different ways it could have been said.

Would she give in and say the words, or change the subject entirely? He waited in silence to see which would be the outcome.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It seemed she wouldn't get away with saying nothing.
Arashi spoke, and Fury let out a soft noise before she finally picked her balls up off the floor and asked him what had been on her mind.

"I would like you to be my husband, Arashi." Fury said, breath nearly catching in her throat after she uttered the words.
She felt at once what she thought the Hound might've felt upon confessing himself to her.
Pounding heartbeat and all, yet she stayed steady on the outside.
She wondered if he would accept, or if he would decline for now.

What would he do?
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

He stared heavily while awaiting her words.

Once she'd finally let loose her intentions, a small grin curved upon his lip.

Why hesitate to ask such a simple query? The hound teased, pecking her ear with a soft kiss. Just the same as you, I wish for you as my wife. There was no need for hesitance. Why should there have been? Both shared affection, and love, so why deny or hinder the inevitable? 

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury smiled at his tease, accepting the kiss to her ear.
He wanted the same as she did.
He really wanted this, she saw it.

"Then it is so." She decided, tail wagging softly as she decreed the words.

Perhaps she should have asked about his wedding traditions, communicated her own as well...
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

"Then it is so." 

Binding words. The second set of which offered as an oath between them. First he'd promised his protection, and now, his love. What would later be to come? Only time would tell.

And how shall we go on from here? It wasn't like this would change where they stood in reality, but there was a part of him that thought something would be different. Did she? Or perhaps he was overthinking things.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury considered his words.
For a moment, he would think it over...
What would change from here on out? 
What would be different?

"If it's not too much trouble, I would like you to play a part in the lives of my children. Help me raise them as a...as a father figure." She requested. It was very much a request, not an order.

It was also a test. Her children weren't his by blood, but to be her mate would include being their father as much as he could be. Otherwise, she would not consider making him her equal in rank.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Arashi studied her face closely as she dove into thought. Did he have reason to be nervous for the upcoming words?

The answer came soon. Not at all.

Although his words were not hesitant, it did take a few moments before he'd collected them well enough to speak. I cannot say I have much experience with children. In fact, to be quite honest, I would see myself to be the last wolf suitable to tend their needs. As a child myself, I was never given the opportunity to be a child. It was straight to training and preparation for my coming years. It is not my desire to jump into the life of fatherhood without you first knowing my thoughts, as these are your children and not mine. 

He almost stopped there, but his tongue continued to move.

There are plenty of times when I am harsh and stern... I am not the most gifted when it comes to comforting or praising, nor spreeing with a playful nature. If these are not things you, as a mother, would accept, then I may not be the right man to play father in their lives. 

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury listened calmly, patiently, to Arashi's words.
His points were valid, and definitely things to consider.

She wasn't surprised to know he hadn't had much love growing up, and probably couldn't give the tender care her kids needed by extension...

The Warqueen hmmed softly once the General had finished speaking.

"I myself didn't have much love growing up. If any. It was my sister and I against the brutality of our father and the rest of the world. She is the reason we escaped our father's violence at all, he would not have let us leave of our own will without being dead." She answered after a short pause.

"But I think it is because i know the absence of love, that i am able to give it..." She murmured with a soft sigh. @Fenrir was dead, to her knowledge, but after the ghoul she saw that one night a month or so ago, she was no longer so sure...
"Will you try? Despite everything?" Fury would inquire, vaguely re-pointing their conversation to himself, his teachings, and everything else Arashi had mentioned.

Tag for reference!
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

So the two were of a similar background. Not surprising, really. Both came from a chaotic and brutal family; that was nothing new to him. Love seemed rare when it came to families... from what he knew, anyway. 

"But I think it is because I know the absence of love, that I am able to give it..."

New words to taste. A different view to render. Maybe if he attempted to think a bit less on the negative, he could focus more on the positive.

"Will you try? Despite everything?"

He wouldn't say no. Indeed despite everything, there was a part of him that wanted to believe he could love and raise a family. Especially with Fury. Only with Fury. He'd decided the moment he confessed his heart to her.

For you, I will. The hound promised, lifting the corner of his lip into a sideways, half-ass smile. For him, it was something, rather nothing. If this way the way he could better prove himself worthy of her heart, so be it. 

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
we can fade here? <3

Fury smiled with relief at Arashi's words.
He would try, for her.
And hopefully for her children by etension.
She had a feeling her General did not make such a commitment lightly. It made her chest swell with love and pride. 

"Thank you." She responded, offering an affectionate lick to his cheek.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

sounds good :3

In silence, he accepted the gratitude. Fury seemed to trust that he would do well with the children. If she believed, why couldn't he? 

Thus far, he knew Sovereign was a keen and quick learner. But as for @Credence; he knew nothing of their ethic. That would have to be changed, and soon. 

Not now, though. He was busy celebrating. 

For the rest of the time the newly couple laid together, Arashi would smother her in peckish kisses, along with a few prods of his paw. Expressing his affections, finally after all that time, offered him a sense of confidence and belonging. Not only did he have a home and a title, but a wife and wards. At this point, what did he not have? His life was now his to command and he would use that life wisely, from here until his death.