Nimbus Summit Without guidance, I fear I shall perish
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Tags for reference and visibility. Anyone from Atautsikut is welcome to meet him, but I will tag @Issorartuyok, @Lane, and @Tuuluuwaq for visibility as well.

The journey had been slow, mainly due to Inutsuk often becoming lost in thought and wandering in the wrong direction. So many things flurried in his mind. @Mojag, his son. @Shikoba, the second piece of his heart. @Kukutux, his inspiration. @Samani, his pupil. @Aiolos, brother of the hunt. How could he explain to them why he'd vanished without a word? But before he could even attempt to do this, he needed guidance; guidance from someone who could not say words just to please his ears.

Standing at the base of the summit, the hunter called for any who would hear him. Surely Lane and her pack were here. The territory reeked of them, and his nose had never before been wrong. Unless now it was... Where would he go then? This was the only ally he knew well of; one that could possibly give him the answers he needed.
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane appeared in short time, panting a bit from her trip around the base of the mountain. She wasn't used to this kind of heat, and certainly not this early in the year. When she lived in the taiga, spring had come much later and never seemed to fully develop into summer. While she enjoyed the availability and variety of herbs that the Hinterlands' weather provided, Lane could very much do without the dewy humidity. 

She approached the stranger at the border with a relaxed gait and friendly demeanor. The male seemed familiar somehow, though Lane could not quite place him. "Hello. Welcome to Atautsikut," she said, speaking once she was within easy distance.
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Just getting some guardian training in ;) This'll be the last one to get the badge!

A call came, a stranger at their borders, and Calida responded with haste. She came to arrive just a few moments after Lane, and she dipped her head to her beta, coming to stand close to her side. Nodding to the male, she inquired quietly, "What brings you to our borders?"
Physical Health (100/100)

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Both that had come were not whom Inutsuk had hoped for; however, he was grateful at least someone had come. Now he just needed to figure out if they could direct him towards what, or who, he sought.

Chuffing, as to say hello, the tawny man nodded his head. I am Inutsuk of Moonglow, husband to our sivilluk. I apologize for my hasty intrusion, but you were the closest ally I felt I could trust. 

Now, how to word this.

He left a few moments in silence, thinking hard on how not to sound a fool, or arrogant, with his words.

I come here seeking guidance from man. A father, like me. It's a bit hard to explain... again, I apologize. Would this confuse them, or would one (or both) understand what he meant. Did Atautsikut even have an experience father among them?
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
The man was from Moonglow. Did he carry a message? She exchanged a quick glance with Calida, hen turned her attention back to the guest. 

"It's no intrusion at all. Our brothers and sisters in Moonglow are always welcome here." There was a short lull in the conversation then. Inutsuk did not immediately offer an explanation for his appearance, so hopefully that did not indicate any kind of emergency situation in Moonglow. 

In time, the man made his request. 

"A father?" Lane echoed, brow furrowing. "We only have one such man here: our alpha, @Issorartuyok. He leads our pack and his family with strength and wisdom. Should I call for him?" Her tail switched expectantly.
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Here's 100 posts for Calida! <3

The stranger introduced himself, and Calida realized that he was from one of their allies'. Calida herself had never been to Moonglow, but she knew of them. Her posture relaxed, then, slipping into something more casual. After all, she would not need to defend against an ally, right? Lane welcomed Inutsuk, and Calida did as well, murmuring quietly, "Indeed, you are welcome in Atautsikut, Inutsuk."

There was silence for several moments, and when the man voiced his need, Calida looked to Lane. Atautsikut had at least two mothers, one being Lane herself. Could she not help the man? The young guardian cleared her throat, then asked, "I... don't mean to pry, but... can a mother not help? Or... can you try to explain what's going on? Unless it would make you uncomfortable." She really had no idea what he might be needed, or why.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

The second woman, Calida, was skeptical. She did not understand. But this was to be expected. Without a full explanation, how could anyone really understand his meaning behind all this?

My apologies... I do not wish you to think I look down on the presence of a mother; however, I seek the view of a man specifically. There are many mothers in Moonglow, all of which having offered their words of sentiment and advice. But it does not quite feel the same. You see, I come from a troubled past... one I have long since put behind. But now, as a father myself, I am having doubts of myself and of whether I am suitable enough to raise a child. I wish to hear words of experience from another man that is not of Moonglow. He would not bluntly say that he did not wish to hear words of his own village because he feared their words were only of sympathy and not truth, but this was how he felt. These of Atautsikut need not know this, however.
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane looked on Calida with understanding and gratitude. They were both women who had occupied traditionally male roles in Atautsikut: herself an alpha, and Calida a guardian. Lane appreciated the subtle challenge to the man's insinuation that only a male could offer sound advice. Calida was really coming into her own. The self-assured woman that stood in her pawprints was a far cry from the one that Lane had first met: shy, anxious, and self-effacing. 

Inutsuk explained himself further, hopefully to the satisfaction of Calida. Lane had always been a little more cavalier with her border than her guardians. She would have allowed Inutsuk to enter without any other explanation. Far be it for her to pry into whatever business took place between two men. 

And yet, something about the explanation rankled her. Perhaps surprisingly, it was not Inutsuk's insistence on speaking to a man that bothered her, but rather the dilemma itself. Although she had come to see her children for the blessings they were, she had spent many bitter months unwillingly carrying a pregnancy and reluctantly raising children. It seemed wildly unfair and self-indulgent that Inutsuk had the luxury to entertain the idea of walking away from his children simply on his own whim, when there were so many mothers out there who were saddled with their burden no matter how they felt about their own fitness as a parent. 

Lane's ruff raised slightly, but she gave no other outward sign of her disquiet. She lifted her brows at Calida. "Calida will assist you in finding your way to Issorartuyok." She turned to leave, but then, on second thought, turned back to Inutsuk. "You didn't ask for my advice, but here it is: Just be there. As long as you're there, you really can't fuck it up that badly. And try to not die." Whoops, that came out sounding a little more bitter than she had intended, but the father of her children had gotten himself struck by lightening for fuck's sake. 

Lane departed with a nod to Calida, and another to Inutsuk.
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Inutsuk's explanation caused only disquiet in Calida. His words made her think of her own past and upbringing — an absent, negligent mother who didn't love her daughter, a father nowhere in sight. Calida had had to fight for everything she had had... and, she had been ready to raise her own litter. To be better than her mother before her. She felt very little compassion for the man before her.

She was to take him to Issorartuyok. Calida glanced at Lane, then huffed softly, before dipping her head in agreement. Whatever she might feel, he was still their ally, and she would show respect. Lane offered her advice, and then she left.

Calida cleared her throat. "Follow me, please." She would lead the way, giving a quick call to @Issorartuyok in the hopes that they would meet halfway. She had no intention of staying once her alpha was found.

I wasn't sure if you guys wanted to do a new backdated thread or what, hence the tag <3 Either way, Calida will have 1 more post and then she's out.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The call was heard, and the northerner traveled away from his family for the first time since the children had been born. He did not wish to leave the village to Lane, for he was certain that she had planning to make for herself.

The distance was a short one. As Issorartuyok approached the wolves, he drew his head upward and waved his tail twice in greeting. The man’s back had grown whiter, hairs that appeared to be touched with flecks of snow had shifted to a blanket of it. His dark face remained as impassive as ever.

Greetings, I am Issorartuyok. How can I assist you?

The dark brown of his gaze shifted between Calida and the man who had come to their borders.

I don't mind keeping the date where it is! Whatever is easier for everyone else.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Hearing the words of Lane, Inutsuk felt many things. Guilt, shame, disappointment; but to no one other than himself. She had been right: he should have never left. But it had already been done. He could not take back his actions, only make up for them.

The woman, who cleared held distaste in her mouth for his name, departed quickly, leaving him with Calida. They weren't alone for long. The man, Issorartuyok, joined, and then Calida left as well. 

Issorartuyok, He greeted calmly, politely.

I am Inutsuk, guardian of Moonglow and husband to the sivullik of our village. It is off odd reasoning, me coming here... but I feel there is reason enough to justify. I seek advice from a father away from our village's reach. There are many I hear from, but many that are too close to my heart. I do not wish to make my burden theirs. What is it like for you, to be a father? How do you know how to speak to them, to explain things they cannot yet understand? Paying little mind to his own voice, he hadn't realized his rambling. There were so many questions he had, and they all came at once. How do you comfort them when they are upset...?

For much of my life, I have been a man of a stoned, bitter heart. Kukutux gave me further purpose... but now, there is much to consider... I do not regret the choice I made with Shikoba; however, I do fear that I will not know the right things to say or do when it is time to do so. 

Finally, a break of silence. Inutsuk looked to the man he shared his many thoughts with, trying his best to gauge a reaction or possibilities of what he may say in return.