Blacktail Deer Plateau For memories of years of yore
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
All Welcome 
For anyone, but hopefully @Malila and @Veran can make some time

Gunnar put one foot in front of the other, he had been all over as of late, learning old territories and new. Traipsing through the memories of his youth. Today in the warmth of a soft breeze he stepped towards where his biological father had hailed, where his uncle had lived. It was with the mind of a man he turned over the thoughts of what had transpired here. Of the wolves he had grown attached too, and those he had not had any time for. His brief thought went to Osprey and her sweet, idyllic nature and he missed her, oh how he missed her more than Peregrine.

He found a spot where no scents lay and lay down, a soft whine once twice, the only mourn he would allow for those he no longer saw or knew. Then with uplifted heart and slate grey eyes, he stared out among the plateau, his tail swishing in the wind. Every thump it drew the flowers from their stems and the dust from it's ground, and then settled on his dark fur, like speckles of color. The sun caressed his large shoulders, and warmed his ears and head. Peaceful.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
175 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Side by side, Malila walked with Veran through the peaceful woodland. She was happy that she had re-connected with her older brother, Acheron. It was good to know that at least someone of her bloodline was alive. Before it had all been uncertainty. Questions and no answers. And now, she had some. They had parted ways for now, but she promised that she would keep in touch. It was only fair.

"We should think about finding something to eat soon." She suggested to Veran as she pressed on. She had not gotten any better at her hunting. And she was getting sick of scavenging. Perhaps even, a change of lifestyle was in order. This same old routine was starting to lose it's appeal. She paid her surroundings no mind, entirely focused on her companion and not that there might be a stranger resting a short ways up ahead.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
I don't like to pp without express permission, so I will simply say he saw two, but I will focus on Malila until Veran comes.

Gunnar's mind had gone introspective. It was beautiful here, always had been. Oh there were scars where things had happened or things were done, sometimes you could see them. But what was life without a few scars, Gunnar had a few himself, more than when he had been a child, and then a youth, but they were not as prominent as say his father's had been.

Brown tipped ears perked forwards as a young voice carried towards him. He turned his head, she wasn't talking to him, no she was speaking to someone else, though he couldn't quite see. The tiny femme caught his eyes first and he chuffed to let them both know he was here. He didn't wish to startle them, yet he also didn't wish to move. He was comfortable. Oh he would if they came towards him with ill intent, then they would know that he was not as gentle as he pretended, that he had been viking born, but for now he sat in gentle contentment, a friendly expression on his face.
175 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Moving this on ahead. @Veran, feel free to pop in whenever.

She glanced behind her over her shoulder. It looked like Veran might be taking his time in catching up. She made a silent promise not to go far and stay in earshot. Ahead of her, a chuff got her attention. Malila swung her head around, ears pricked alertly. They did not sound hostile. Just informative of their own presence.

Softly, on light steps she pressed forward until the resting male came into view. He was older but in good shape if she did say so herself. Malila lowered her head some, her tail swaying gently. All to convey a picture of friendliness. She was anything but the hostile type. "Oh...hello there. I didn't realize anyone else was here in these woods..." She began softly, attempting a shy smile.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar's eyes went slightly wide as the femme moved forward. She was tiny like his mother had been. She was young, and slight,but she had a kind face. She met his gaze with two different eyes, her pelt of white and chocolate a startling contrast to the other.

Gunnar offered her a sweet smile himself. I didn't either. I'm Gunnar. Just enjoying the day.

He wagged his tail against the ground, and stayed put, didn't move. He was comfortable and didn't see any threat from the girl.
175 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Malila moved only two steps closer on her delicate paws. Her ears twitched. Still no sign of Veran yet. The wolf seemed very much relaxed, content to bask in the beauty of nature. "Oh, my companion and I were just passing through. He is back a ways, I think."

"My name is Malila." Her tail brushed against her hocks in a gentle wag. A pang reminded her again of her hunger. "Say, Gunnar...you didn't happen to spot an easy meal close by, have you?" She looked sheepish. "I'm afraid my hunting skills leave a lot to be desired."
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar twitched an ear forward, one ear back, listening, waiting. Good to know you have a companion to walk with. I was always on my own, company is wonderful when roaming. Gunnar shifted and slowly sat up, tail wagging.

Well met, Malila. Gunnar traced her form now, she was hungry. When had she last eaten, a look of concern took place on his face. And he moved to stand. Well, then let's get you a few things in that belly. I'm sure we can find a rabbit or two around here. I already ate.

With years borne of being alone, he bent his head to the ground, scenting, searching for the elusive hares. A scent came to him on the wind, and he moved towards it, stalking, silent.