Northstar Vale pulchellus
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It was clear from the Imperator’s response that he did not care about friendships or the relationships that had been formed. While this was a shame, Arsenio did not seem phased by it. The Roman had made it clear that he only cared for his mission and that he would cut away or abandon the pseudo-friendships that he had made to achieve that mission.

The mercenary found himself suddenly very sad for Ruenna. He could not imagine the transactional marriage that she must have formed with the Roman man. It burned his cheeks hot with secondhand embarrassment to realize that their love could only have been one that was founded on business and business alone.

Yes, let us talk again when the snows fall. Give your wife my best. I hope that her back does not trouble her too deeply. Arsenio spoke genuinely with this. Aquene had suggested that the Matrona- former Matrona had been forced to step away because of her pains. It was a pity to hear it, but Arsenio would not allow the Roman to step on him to fill that gaping hole. The Greek had already paid his debts to the Imperator.

I hope your journey back is a swift one. In other words, Germanicus would not be invited into Arsenio’s home.

The mercenary offered a half-assed smile and nodded his head to the other man in farewell.
Messages In This Thread
pulchellus - by Germanicus - August 12, 2022, 12:38 PM
RE: pulchellus - by Arsenio - August 12, 2022, 03:09 PM
RE: pulchellus - by Germanicus - August 12, 2022, 03:21 PM
RE: pulchellus - by Arsenio - August 12, 2022, 03:33 PM
RE: pulchellus - by Germanicus - August 13, 2022, 04:06 PM
RE: pulchellus - by Arsenio - August 16, 2022, 04:56 PM
RE: pulchellus - by Germanicus - August 17, 2022, 01:19 PM
RE: pulchellus - by Arsenio - August 17, 2022, 02:01 PM
RE: pulchellus - by Germanicus - August 17, 2022, 03:39 PM