Redtail Rise Never Bet the Devil Your Head
Pledged
Dragonspine
903 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
He repeated the word back to her, his inflection leading her to believe he maybe didn’t understand its meaning. Masque’s lips parted to explain when he shook his head and mentioned a game. Her lips pressed together, twitching into a small smile.

Sort of, she said, pausing to think for a moment before saying, Remember when I brought you that snack? It came from a cache, which is where wolves store meat. Did you know squirrels keep caches too? But they don’t eat meat, so they put things like acorns in theirs.

Was that the most words she’d ever spoken at once? It felt like it. But she wanted Reki to understand. Perhaps he might even join her as she continued observing this unexpected behavior. If he’d managed to sneak up on her, Masquerade supposed she could rely on him to be quiet.

But before she invited him along, she wondered, What’s your name? Mine’s Masque.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Never Bet the Devil Your Head - by Masquerade - October 04, 2022, 01:19 PM
RE: Never Bet the Devil Your Head - by Reki - October 09, 2022, 11:01 AM
RE: Never Bet the Devil Your Head - by Masquerade - October 10, 2022, 09:09 AM
RE: Never Bet the Devil Your Head - by Reki - October 11, 2022, 12:04 AM
RE: Never Bet the Devil Your Head - by Masquerade - October 11, 2022, 09:54 AM
RE: Never Bet the Devil Your Head - by Reki - October 14, 2022, 11:20 AM
RE: Never Bet the Devil Your Head - by Masquerade - October 19, 2022, 09:53 PM
RE: Never Bet the Devil Your Head - by Reki - October 26, 2022, 12:38 PM
RE: Never Bet the Devil Your Head - by Masquerade - October 27, 2022, 10:47 AM
RE: Never Bet the Devil Your Head - by Reki - October 31, 2022, 11:25 PM
RE: Never Bet the Devil Your Head - by Masquerade - November 02, 2022, 12:20 PM