Shy Deer Steppes Wanna feel like a light in a dark place
Brecheliant
Family
801 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
rolled and got a 4 so random (bad) event it is! Aw! It'll prob run as soon as 1 or 2 show up, since they go for ambush over fair fighting, but power play to your heart's content <3

The land here was rough and dry, unusually so even for the height of autumn.  Bridget skirted around one of the rock formations that littered the landscape, then gazed towards the mesa that dominated in the distance.  She'd heard a thing or two about Akashingo but hadn't yet had the pleasure of encountering the pack.  She wasn't sure how often they left their borders.

She had been mildly curious about them ever since the wedding but had been too busy to do much about that so far.  Even now she didn't approach - just looked from afar and wondered.

It must be strange, living around that much stone. She'd lived in the forests of "faerie" her whole life until now.

She didn't notice the creature lurking until she felt it's weight drop onto her back. Bridget immediately toppled sideways as it knocked her off balance, but her missing leg was her saving grace here. The jaws that buried themselves into her neck missed the spine, and she rolled violently sideways with a snarl and tore herself free without it keeping hold. Holy shit.

The cougar facing her was on its feet almost immediately and hissed. She could see the moment the calculation happened - stay or leave? It's ambush hadn't worked but her leg marked her an easy target. So did the lack of a pack behind her. Fucking great, Bridge. This is why you shouldn't have stopped getting your ass kicked in training. Kicking ass later kinda requires that.

She felt the blood already dripping down her shoulders and considered running, but she wouldn't be fast enough. That realization was all she had time for before it sprang and she met it with open jaws. She tried to spin to avoid being bowled over but didn't manage it - they immediately turned into a growling tangle.
merry and bright
43 Posts
Ooc — H2O
am so sorry neon is kinda useless but she's gonna try her best here! trying to leave it open here with what she's doing in case someone else decides to join in :) 

neon has remained in relatively good shape, her constant travel has brought about new leaner muscles she wasn't expecting to put on quickly throughout her journey through teekon. however, running white muscle wouldn't be that useful for the hellfire event that unfolded before her. 

a three-legged wolf was doing her very best to fight off a cougar that was intent on making her a snack. now, neon has never been a fighter, but she has been and always will be a trier. even if it means getting a face full of teeth and her windpipe destroyed. cougars were a nasty ordeal by themselves, and she was not enough of a coward to stay away and pretend she wasn't a witness.

so, with all the courage and might, the girl can muster herself, neon charges forward with a howling snarl to let the other wolf know she wasn't alone, and that the cougar would now have to deal with her instead of just one wolf. 

jaws open and ears pinned back, neon aims to latch onto a shoulder and tear anything that she can. she would hear the creature yowl and swat at her, one of which leaves a good swipe against her cheeks. but despite the blood and the searing pain, neon cannot let go. now she can only hope the cougar will try to be smart here and flee, or die trying to fight over a kill its spilled blood on.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Brecheliant
Family
801 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
it's perfect! <3

Bridget tried to get on top of the damn thing but it was twisting too much for her to pin it. Instead it got its jaws around her foreleg and pulled her down. She managed to shove its claws aside before it could do real damage to her exposed stomach but the fight had turned in a way that didn't look great for her. She couldn't lever enough to get herself up and she couldn't protect herself from this position indefinitely. She could almost sense it's eagerness as it recognized that she was, essentially, done for.

Luckily that was the moment backup arrived. Bridget couldn't see who came but she heard the snarl at the same time the cat did. It launched itself off of her to defend against the new attacker, but after swiping a time or two, fled into the higher reaches of stone where they couldn't easily follow. One lame wolf was a (supposed) easy target but two was pushing its luck. It wasn't deep enough into the colder season for desperation to set in.

Fuck. Bridget staggered to her paws, tottering initially but managing to stay upright as she took stock of the stranger. She was hot, first off. Not the priority right now but hell, she'd be blind not to notice it. She was also bleeding, which was probably the more important thing.

And so are you. You'll be feeling that soon. Bridget grimaced as she cleaned the cat's blood from her muzzle, then tested the leg that had been bitten. It didn't feel broken but it still hurt like hell. You really saved my ass here. Thanks for that. My pack has a claim that isn't too far from here - if you want me to take a look at that there? She gestured towards her face with her muzzle, tensing slightly when the motion reminded her of her neck. That one she might need Eljay's help with. Serves me right, letting it get the drop on me like that, but dying here would have really sucked. Understatement of the year. Bridget smiled at her, hoping the stranger would take her up on the offer.
merry and bright
43 Posts
Ooc — H2O
the cat was quick to change gears, letting go of the other wolf to focus just on neon. and if she had to be honest with herself, neon probably would've pissed her pants if she weren't afraid of embarrassing herself in front of the other (not that coming off cool should be more important than surviving a cat ambush, but neon still has some priorities to her self image). when the cat finally flees and left the two wolves bleeding and huffing, she can only feel thankful, and a little bit of shock.

her heart has never felt such adrenaline before, pumping as if it might burst. and for a moment, she is able to look over the woman she helped save. older than her, but not by too many years. and lavender eyes, ones that were strange akin to neon's bright pink. and for the few seconds it takes for neon's heart to try and relax, the stranger speaks.

no name is offered but instead praise for the help. "no problem, those things are scary if you're alone. and yea, help would be appreciated," she says, walking closer to the wolf after noticing her bleeding leg, "but do you need help walking? that bite must've hurt." the woman was thankfully similar in height, so it wouldn't require neon much work to support her, if desired.

"dying in general sucks. i probably wouldn't have heard it either. call it divine timing i was here." cats were sneaky predators, and probably that was what scared neon the most, despite being an animal that spills blood and eats flesh, she herself is nothing but a mouse if faced with such an apex animal.
Brecheliant
Family
801 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Obviously not nearly as scary as you. Bridget responded lightly, catching the feeling immediately that this other woman wasn't the fierce warrior she'd charged in here posturing as. I'll try and stop it from scarring, unless you are going for the badass look? She had the growl down pat.

Joking helped keep her distracted and she was about to need that with the walk they had back. Her leg hurt but it held her weight, which was the important part. She really needed to watch the ones she had left - there was a world of a difference between three working legs and two.

I'll manage as long as you don't mind slow. Ah, shit, right. Oops. And my name's Bridget. Got it from the finest log my mam ever crossed.
merry and bright
43 Posts
Ooc — H2O
neon had never been really perceived as scary before, she doesn't think at least. the woman looks like a big fluffy sheep from far away, and the only time she's ever scared anyone was if she was seen from a distance at night under the moon. you wouldn't believe the number of wolves who said she was a demon or spirit because of her stark coat color and pretty mysterious irises. either way, neon at least proved that she's got some useful teeth in her jaws. maybe she had just enough scary in her to be useful at times.

"Nah, I'm fine with a clean face." she could only think of the things her mothers would say if they saw such a mark on their little girl's face. that is if neon plans on going back home anytime soon. not like she could think about that anyways, she was more concerned about the searing pain she felt in her cheek, even more so about what bridget was feeling in her legs and back. 

"slow is good, but you can lean on me whenever needed." neon would be sure to stay close by though, just in case something caused a trip or a sudden fall to the side from the lack of balance. besides, she didn't mind being next to Bridget, she was pretty to look at. "you have a pretty name. i'm neon. no idea where it comes from but it suits my needs." neon's entire family and legacy have been questionable, to say the least, what's in a name anyways? for most there is meaning, but for neon, it's only a joke so H2O can have a good laugh when writing.

the noble looks around as to where bridge comes from, wondering if the land isn't too far away to make with their slower pace. "which direction are we heading to get you home?" she;d have to put the location into her mental memory, so that if she's ever invited back, she can find the path.
Brecheliant
Family
801 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
It suits you. She said this with a smile and a sideways glance, one that would turn into a wink if Neon caught her eye. There was no crime in testing the waters, and she slipped in easily despite it feeling like ages. Bridget hadn't met even a whisper of interest in... god, yeah. Ages.

And thanks. It was a pretty log. She kept a straight face for an instant, then shook her head and laughed. I'm joking! I have no clue where they got Bridget from. The way she took it at face value like that was adorable, honestly, and it only made the joke funnier. Neon, though. I like it. Sounds like the kind on name that makes it hard to have a boring life.

And home's that way. See the thing that looks a bit like a flat mountain? We live inside it. Oh god, they sounded like moles. Bridget had to contain a snort of laughter at her own mental image there, but it was hilarious so she didn't bother correcting it.
merry and bright
43 Posts
Ooc — H2O
neon often took things at face value, sarcasm often eluded her in the sense that she never understood why someone says one thing but means the exact opposite. and taking jokes in plain sight is probably even harder, mainly because neon is often too genuine of a thinker to question others. so when bridget is happy to explain her joke, neon looks away in a flustered manner and a sheepish laugh. of all the things her parents taught her, why not more language lessons about being street-smart while talking? "ooh," is what she gets out, "my bad."

bridget may be interested in the noble, but again, neon can sometimes be dense. like, several layers deep of a cake dense, all still wonderful to have, but just really dense. either way, neon is just happy to have company and get her face treated. licking away some of the blood that runs down to her lips and whatnot, neon looks towards the flat mountain being pointed out and makes an audible "ahh" sound. 

"that sounds lit," she says, wondering what it might look like on the inside, "I was in a cave on the inside of a mountain not too long ago. i wonder if it's similar to that." maybe it was, maybe not. either way, neon was always happy for the adventure anyways. and with such nice company too. "well we should probably get going in that direction then, I'm sure you'd rather heal than just talk all day bleeding." a smile is offered.
Brecheliant
Family
801 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Im fine with either continuing this, assuming things ooc, or having a new thread by Brecheliant! Whatever you prefer <3. Bridget would fix her up and offer to let her stay a bit, if she wanted

It was nice when she met someone easy to fall in step with, figuratively at least. Physically she'd probably do fine for a while, but end up needing a bit of support as they drew nearer Brecheliant. Neon was sweet, though, and willing to laugh at herself a bit. The latter was a huge plus in her column with Bridget, who loved a good laugh so long as everyone involved was enjoying it.

What, bleeding here isn't your idea of a good time? Picky much? She said it with a tone and a look that would make the joke obvious, then laughed for good measure. C'mon. You're right, the sooner we get this mess cleaned up, the better! She would probably need to call Eljay for help with treating her neck, but she'd sort out her leg and Neon's face first. Call her biased but losing one? More than enough.

She started leading the way towards the Caldera, making small talk as she went. If Neon didn't seem keen to talk about herself, Bridget wouldn't be bothered. She'd be more than happy to distract them both with stories from her own past instead - how and why she became a medic, and how she wound up here. She wasn't a wolf who kept much hidden.
merry and bright
43 Posts
Ooc — H2O
ooooh i'd love a thread in brecheliant, and the more time neon spends with bridget, the better eheee <3 last from me here if maybe you'd like to start the next thread? no rush either! 

her tone is light and joking and neon finds herself having a better grasp of the conversation, thankfully Bridget was not one to make fun of her lack of understanding jokes at times. for that, she's thankful and is happy to walk alongside the golden girl toward their home. she curiously wondered what it would be like inside, though right now the girl keeps those thoughts quiet. instead, she focuses on her conversation with bridget. and thankfully, she was another conversation buddy that was happy to talk just about anything and everything.