Redtail Rise while the future is fast coming for you, it always flinches first
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
Aventus unconsciously curled his lip when Ancelin mentioned some other pack offering Atreus a place among them. It was impossible to forget he had once been Ursus — had once been instrumental in taking not one, but two children from their homes — but that was different.

That was a blood feud.

Did Atreus say anything to suggest he would go with them? Impossible, too, was it to ignore the niggling worry that this was his fault. Atreus had never been settled here, and Aventus did not know how to reach his headstrong son. Had his efforts proven only to drive Atreus away from his home into the arms of unknown wolves? Was family worth so little to him that he would abandon them for strangers?

He grounded himself. He was not alone in failing to reach Atreus and he could not place the blame on the boy alone. The entire pack had failed in that regard, reinforced only when Ancelin revealed that Avicus had called for all the children. All except for Atreus.

His temper flared. Why would she exclude him? he wondered aloud before he could get a handle on it. His nostrils widened with a deep inhale while he steadied himself. I will search the lands around the Rise for signs of him. I want you to stay here, continue learning, where there is shelter and food. If I do not find him...

Aventus let his eyes close. He didn't like the possibility. Atreus could be far, far away. Or he could be dead. He tried not to think of that. Then you and I will go and search further.
Messages In This Thread
RE: while the future is fast coming for you, it always flinches first - by Aventus - November 29, 2022, 12:22 PM