Redhawk Caldera owlfeathers
Brecheliant
Family
809 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Bridget’s look shifted to concern as Teya shared that her conversation with Sorana had gone about as well as Bridget’s own. That clarified things a bit for her, actually. Apparently words weren’t what the girl needed to rebuild her trust.

You’re doing an amazing job, she said, meaning it as more than just a reassurance. Teya had been given a rough situation and was navigating it as well as anyone could - even better, in some ways! But maybe Bridget did have a little advice that could help, something she could give now without betraying her own conversation with Sorana. That wasn’t something she ever wanted to do.

She’s probably just scared. I don’t think she really thinks you would do that, but I bet she is afraid you don’t want to spend time with her. That might be the best thing you can do. Just make sure you and her have a little time by yourselves, no Bronco, no anyone else. That way she can talk to you, and she’ll realize you and her can have fun and be happy together. With or without her dad. Sorana thought she was nothing but a burden to Teya, and as long as she felt that way, she was going to try and pull away.

I think space is the last thing she needs. The last thing any kid needs, really, unless they actually ask for it. Sorana had her, and always would. But Bridget knew this wasn’t something she could fix entirely from her end. Maybe some regular mother-daughter time would help Sorana realize her relationship with her mom might change, but that that was okay.
Messages In This Thread
owlfeathers - by Teya - November 12, 2022, 10:49 PM
RE: owlfeathers - by Bridget - November 12, 2022, 11:10 PM
RE: owlfeathers - by Teya - November 14, 2022, 02:41 PM
RE: owlfeathers - by Bridget - November 16, 2022, 07:14 PM
RE: owlfeathers - by Teya - November 24, 2022, 11:44 PM
RE: owlfeathers - by Bridget - November 30, 2022, 07:55 PM
RE: owlfeathers - by Teya - December 14, 2022, 11:20 PM
RE: owlfeathers - by Bridget - December 15, 2022, 01:02 PM
RE: owlfeathers - by Teya - December 21, 2022, 03:37 PM
RE: owlfeathers - by Bridget - December 21, 2022, 09:42 PM
RE: owlfeathers - by Teya - December 26, 2022, 07:19 PM