Ouroboros Spine great-grandmother
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
All Welcome 

chakliux settled into the village. it was not so different, not with the smells of winter-drying meat and leather and the sharp green tang of the moonwoman's herbs.
the seal-hunter went to firemother this day, the lone tree of red leaves on the western side of moonglow. he had brought a sacrifice of fish, which he lay before her. chakliux chanted a hunter's prayer and then turned away, meaning to find the herd in the grove and find its weakness.
but because he was a man, his head was turned by a pale figure. not the village mother. his magenta eyes looked directly and perhaps with rudeness.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Like many other days, Nasamik had taken time for herself to ponder, trekking aimlessly through the spine. She soon planned to return to her ulaq, but a figure ahead stopped her.

For a moment, she observed. The looked fit, like a hunter. But they did not yet smell too much like the village. And yet— they were here.

Hello... She uttered softly, taking a step closer to get a better view.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
she was the color of earth beneath snow. it was a fine contrast to the summer's honey of her eyes. chakliux was more pleased. it seemed he had come to a village of fine women. "the day is good," he greeted her robustly. she was delicate as ice upon the leaves of a poplar.
"i am chakliuk. i am new to this moonglow place."
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Where before this face was with a look of askance, it now seemed more contented.

A fine day. That is it, yes. This day and those before it had been rather swell, hence her frequent outings.

Chakliuk. He was new to the village.

Ah. Well, I am pleased to have met you on this day. It truly was a blessed thing to be one of the first to set eye upon their newest. I am Nasamik, She offered her name in return, ear sweeping softly against her crown.

You and I have something in common, Chakliuk. I too have been one with the village for only a short time. Though perhaps a bit longer than he, they were both still relatively new.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
nasamik! "you are one of my people then?" chakliux boldly asked, slipping into the dialect he had heard the moonwoman use, accented as it was by his seal-hunter accent.
"we are both new, but you have been here longer." he took a moment to look at her with a liking eye. "so i will learn from you. where can i go to find rabbits?" he grinned. "or maybe we will learn together?"
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
But, oh! He spoke the tongue of the northern people. Her intrigue had grown.

And you of mine. Closer, she stepped, lip gently formed to a smile. Now they spoke this tongue together.

You have been here longer.

Not too much so. You needn't think it any different. She had no seniority above him, and she would not behave as such.

Head tilting ever so, Nasamik pondered for a moment regarding his query. I know where I have seen burrows, but they are quick and deceitful creatures. Perhaps we may catch one together? It was the only way, she could think. Though not the strongest, rabbits knew the best ways of avoiding predators. Two bodies would make more of a sufficient hunt.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
chakliux grinned his golden grin. it had brought much interest from the girls of his village, though he had been forbidden to cavort with many of them through kinship ties.
now he had none such here. when she came closer, he caught her scent and that of the fur over her shoulders. "show me," he flirted.
he would move where she indicated, long and scarred legs carrying him that way.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Nasamik quickly caught the ways of his manner, responding with a bashful grin of her own.

She was to lead the way. And as she turned, her tail positioned itself high so that it may intentionally brush beneath his chin.

They hide their burrows here beneath great canopies, digging at a slope. It prevents flooding when the rain comes. She explains — though, perhaps he already knew this.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
nasamik responded. chakliux felt himself grow warm and bold. he wondered if the young women in this village were all bound to be married or could enjoy themselves.
he nosed at her shoulder as she spoke. "we shall dig, then," he said, though in truth his interest in the hunt was swiftly fading.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
We shall dig, then.

That they would.

Nosing him closer to where the dirt was the most hollow, she pointed at the earth with a paw. Dig here. The rabbit would have less space between the two to escape. 

Positioning herself across from Chakliux, she stood firm. I'll wait here in case it bolts.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
he pretended to be disappointed when she sent him away to dig.
and then chakliux flexed his hard arms and began to throw frozen earth behind him with little effort — or so he would make it seem.
soon he was stained with earth. he paused, tongue hanging from the side of his mouth as he looked toward nasamik for instruction. and also just to look at her.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Nasamik did not miss this. But she did little to acknowledge it, playing a game of her own as if she had no interest in his looks toward her.

Once he had dug deep enough to expose what critters may have been below, she stepped closer to the open hole.

Lifting a small gaze, she offered a haughty grin. His eyes asked, "what now?" Her response, Just don't let me fall in.

And with that, the pale woman stepped to the edge and wriggled the frontal portion of her body through the top of the burrow. Now only her haunches and hind legs remained in view, entirely exposed. But she thought little of the man just outside. Her attention was focused on finding the near body of the rabbit they sought.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
chakliux grew quite still as he watched. he would not allow nasamik to fall but neither would he take his eyes away.
the hunter wondered if she had found a rabbit. it would at least quiet one appetite!
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Only a short time passed before her snout passed the touch of flitty softness.

Expanding her muzzle, quickly she snapped them towards the creature. Jerking harshly against the neck, she waited until a snap sounded.

Claws then digging against the edge of the burrow, Nasamik pulled her way until she found a footing against the earth. And with her came the stiff, hanging corpse of the rabbit.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
when nasamik came back, it was with a rabbit. chakliux laughed softly and drummed his paws in congratulations. "she is a hunter-woman!" he exulted, his eyes dancing.
they continued to appreciate her figure. she was finely made and for a moment his hungers warred with one another. "will you get another?" chakliux asked, teasing her as he knew nasamik must turn once more.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
A laugh from the man thrummed within her ears.

What else would I be? She teased, tossing the rabbit to his feet.

Another, he wanted? Now this made her laugh.

We came to hunt together, or had this so easily slipped your mind. Tilting her snout downward, she pointed to the burrow. Your turn. There was another inside. She felt it skid before.

Nasamik now sat back, preparing to watch him either succeed or make an absolute fool of himself. Either, she would enjoy immensely.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
his turn to go beneath the earth. chakliux chuckled, but he did not like burrows. he did not care for dark places.
yet he would not show fear.
the seal-hunter descended into the den. his hindlegs scrabbled for purchase. he snapped madly for the rabbit, struggling. but he caught it and yanked himself out of the earth with a spray of dirt.
the man flung it into the snow. "now we are even, nasamik!"
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
want to fade and begin a new thread? i'm loving these two too much! ?

Soon, he emerged.

A rabbit flew at a small distance, landing just a pace away from.

Yes, Chakliux, She concurred, smiling softly. We are even.

Two rabbits. One to share, unless he was greedy, and another to offer the cache.

Collecting her own, Nasamik turned to him, gesturing that they should return to the place of the ulax

And who knows— maybe she would invite him to her own to savor the meal!
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
yes! want to tag me?

he collected his, and contented himself with sneaking glances at her flanks and jumping away in faux offense if she should say something on the matter!
and all the while, his eyes dancing, dancing.