Ouroboros Spine sun of the houses
Pledged
Yellowstone
94 Posts
Ooc — Van
All Welcome 
For the last several weeks, Fjall had suffered silently in his decision to let @Ariadne return to Moonglow without him. She had been so kind to care for him and show him the way to the village of his family, yet in the last leg of their journey, he allowed anxiety to overwhelm him.

He realized, with the spine in view, that he didn’t want to go back there without @Lótë. He missed her more than anything; it didn’t feel right being in these lands without her…

But the boy knew he could not repay the sweet Ariadne for all her troubles without joining her. And he knew he did not want to be alone. He came to the outer rim of Moonglow, gazing up into their slopes, and he stared, indecisive once again.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
632 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
moonglow was growing stronger by the day as the expecting mothers grew closer to their due dates. shikoba felt like a whale once more but did not feel the need to hide her pregnant figure. not only had she grown more accustomed to motherhood and pregnancy, but she also held a sort of pride within the notion of carrying forth the next generation of the spine. and so, the woman trudges to where she can sense someone new was upon their lands.

she stood from the higher peak of the spine and looked down towards the land, finally allowing her sulfuric eyes to catch onto the boy's figure below. and for a moment, perhaps longer than she would feel comfortable to admit, shikoba thought of the boy as nothing but a stranger. there were no ladies in their heat to attract him, so perhaps there was something else that caused him to come by.

but the more she recalls her memory and perhaps the boy's scent, shikoba's eyes widen. perhaps she did not know the entire story of the life that this boy has lived. but she did know the beginning of it, the very first chapter marked by his breath into the world with her cloudberry sister.

"i know your face," she would come to call out to him, "but you may not know mine."

written under the assumption that shikoba is able to recognize him as she was there for his birth! but can be rewritten if this is an over-assumption
[Image: giphy.gif]
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

A stranger came upon the village' doorstep. 

Shikoba found them, and Inutsuk had followed after.

So close to giving birth once again, as husband, he was wary. Perhaps a bit overprotective. Hence offering his company so often...

As leader to the village, he gave his wife room to speak. But still, unwavering, he hovered near, stare fixated upon the stranger.
Pledged
Yellowstone
94 Posts
Ooc — Van
totally fine with it!! <3

So deep in thought, Fjall missed the presence of two others looming above him. He flinched as one of them called out to him, his wisteria eyes quickly alighting upon the wolves who stood upon the lip of their home. The teenager shrank slightly, his ears falling apologetically. I- I’m sorry. Perhaps it was the belly. He certainly didn’t know any wolves that large around. But certainly, with her distinctive markings, identifying scars, and unmistakably yellowshine eyes, he would recognize her if he knew her.

The wolf at her side, too, looked quite distinguished: tall and broad with blue-green eyes of an ambiguous shade.

Fjall shook his head. I wish I could remember, but your face is not known to me. He hesitated to say more. It pained him not to recall someone he was sure he would know under different circumstances. You… knew me?
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
632 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
"your mother was my cloudberry sister in this village once."

she still is in her heart, for shikoba could never remove such a prominent figure. "i was present for when you and your siblings were born here, fjall."

she had protected löté from adrastus when he chose to soil their sleeping place and slink away into the night. she was there to ascent as first hunter and guard the family her sister had forged. and when shikoba came time to deliver mojag and his spirit-walking siblings, the dove was present to return them to the soil.

with a brush of her shoulder against her husband's, shikoba would come to make her way down to get closer to the boy. she would watch her steps carefully in hopes not tripping up during her descent. and when she was able to come close enough where she no longer spoke loudly, she would say to him "you have been away for some time."
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
The two knew of each other, as it was made evident.

Part of Inutsuk could tell that Shikoba held trust for he who was a stranger to him — so when she brushed past, Inutsuk followed only as support. She could lean on him if needed, and if not, he would simply stand at her side and wait in silence.
Pledged
Yellowstone
94 Posts
Ooc — Van
Fjall perked up at the mention of his mother; his tail wagged quickly and a quiet whine squeezed through the tightness of his throat. He missed her so much! The boy wanted to proclaim this wolf as his family -- rejoice at having found someone who knew him, knew Lótë -- but he couldn’t bring himself to speak. He was so overwhelmed with emotion and uncertainty; feelings he had wanted to avoid.

He watched as she descended, and he tried his best to stand tall, be brave, be strong. But his legs quaked under the weight of her approach, and his lips quivered wordlessly as the gravity of this situation dawned on him more and more. It was a lot for him to bear. He had never dreamed of returning here without his mother, and hers was the only company he truly knew.

He wanted desperately to know this wolf, to remember her as she remembered him. He swallowed hard as she stood before him and spoke to him softly. I wish it had not been so, he said, his voice a mouse’s whisper, his eyes falling to her feet like the drooping wisteria petals they shared color with. Wh- What do I call you?
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
632 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
he spoke quietly, delicately.

shikoba would come to move forward and embrace the boy softly, should he not pull away from her touch.

"Shikoba," she comes to say to him, "star hunter of Moonglow. but for you, Fjall, I am your atchaga, aunt." no sibling of shikoba's currently lived, the woman has known the title for kigipigak's own boys, but not for anyone else. it was time for her lineage and name to expand, and shikoba had no problem reaching out her own wings to guide others underneath them.

"you are home," she says in a way to comfort him, "kukutux, our moon woman, is a sister to löté as well. if you'd like, you may stay and see her, she will be happy to know that you walk as a man now."

a reassuring glance is offered to her husband before looking back to young Fjall. "this is inutsuk, my husband. he knew your mother as well as i did." she comes to press her shoulder into his gently in a reassuring manner.
Pledged
Yellowstone
94 Posts
Ooc — Van
The tenseness in Fjall’s body melted away as the she-wolf embraced him. He leaned into her, unsure at first, then starved for touch. When they parted, he looked at her, misty-eyed and quivering with barely contained desperation.

Shikoba!

A name from many of his mother’s lucid stories. Atchaga. His family. The boy’s tail whipped the air back and forth.

You are home.

He felt a sudden clench upon his heart. A cold icy touch that caused him to inhale sharply. A single thought telegraphed itself across his emptied thoughts.

How could this be home without Löté?

Fjall continued to smile. There was much to smile about! He recognized the name Kukutux, moonwoman. He wanted to spend time with his found aunts. He was glad to know that Shikoba’s husband, Inutsuk, knew his mother… But it all came back to her.

His whirring tail stilled, his joy turned to regret. I cannot stay. Not without her… It- It will not be right without her. He was honest with his heart. He wanted the starhunter to know he was scared. And hurt. Fjall swallowed hard. She will come back, he said, trying to reassure himself. She will come back and I will see her again. It sounded like a chant spoken a thousand times. He dared not mourn what was surely but a temporary displacement.

Do you, do you know where is Winterglade? I will find her there… He had a sort of scared, faraway look as he peered around them, wondering if any of the forests in his limited view had once been his birthplace.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
632 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
going to leave this open for a response if you wish van! if not, i can archive this and we can do some bts assumptions <3

he speaks from his heart. she expects nothing less from a loyal son, as shikoba has come to shape mojag in the same form. and so she offers him an understanding nod, one only a mother may be able to give.

she comes to tell him that winterglade was meant to settle in neverwinter forest, but upon a check done by shikoba, she saw no signs of wolves. and certainly there was no sign of löté or her children. but she will not stand in the path of what fjall would think of as a journey he needed to take. if he wished to search and find his mother, shikoba would ensure he had all the tools he needed.

she'd come to offer him food, and perhaps even a place to rest until he would start his search again. and if he denied and left, then she would watch sadly with her shoulder pressed against her husband.

the world worked in mysterious ways, and she could only pray for a reunification between mother and son, something she was so desperate for herself.