Moonglow
Eta
writing letters addressed to the fire
545 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Private 
@Fjall? Ariadne called from her makeshift den. Are you nearby? She hadn't seen him since they'd arrived at the glacier, and they had so much to catch up on! She hoped that he had some time to spare.

She curled deeper into her bedding as she waited for his response.
Yellowstone
Zeta
106 Posts
Ooc — Van
He was heading towards her when she called out, perhaps sensing his nearness or familiar with the sound of his stride. The thought warmed him, further solidifying his decision to stay.

‘Mm herh, Fjall answered around the freshly-caught rabbit in his jaws, seeking to make good on the promise he’d made many moons ago. I am here, he repeated once he’d dropped the gift at the mouth of her log den. This rabbit is blessed. It is the first one I’ve caught on the glacier. Shall we share it and save its pelt?
Moonglow
Eta
545 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Fjall was prompt and brought a gift, which brought joy to Ariadne’s heart.

That rabbit looks mighty tasty. It is a good start on the promise you made me all those moons ago, she complimented, drawing her tongue over her lips and scooting to the side to make room for him.

Please, come in!
Yellowstone
Zeta
106 Posts
Ooc — Van
Fjall grinned at the invitation, scooping up his gift and crawling in to curl up alongside his beloved “cousin.” He placed the floppy bunny at her feet and pushed it towards her with his muzzle, giving her a lick on the chin as he pulled away. Please, he offered, nodding towards the rabbit. It would be his honor if she took first meat.

How are you feeling? Have you gotten to see much of the place on your own?
Moonglow
Eta
545 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
She grabbed his gift without hesitation, pulling it closer and giving it a good look-over before she began to skin it. The rabbit had a beautiful coat, and she wanted to do her best to preserve it; it was the first of many she'd receive from him.

I am ... she hesitated, thinking it over as she worked on the fur, ... many things. Happy, excited, upset—the list went on, and had many contradictions. I am happy to be here, but I still mourn the loss of my sistraa, she grew quiet, thinking of Samani, Reyson, and their children for a moment. And I am still mad at myself for breaking this leg! She'd be out combing through the territory if it wasn't for her injury.

How are you? she asked.
Yellowstone
Zeta
106 Posts
Ooc — Van
His face softened at the mention of her loss, his ears dipping mournfully longways before lifting once more. It was probably hard for her to lie here in her thoughts when she would have much rather been forging the paths of her own new home.

He touched his nose to her shoulder sympathetically. He personally knew what it was like recovering from a short trip down a long cliff, and he also had the unfortunate experience of caring for Lótë after her fall. Though, his mother’s fall had tragically caused more than a broken bone. At least Ariadne still had her memory, though he was much too polite to bring it up.

I am well, he said, smiling. I decided to stay. He hoped the news would bring her a bit of happiness. It is close enough to Winterglade that I can visit it whenever I wish. And here I will not have to be alone. She had brought a couple of very strong-looking wolves with her. He wasn’t quite sure where he fit among them, but he knew he would be comfortable near Ariadne regardless.
Moonglow
Eta
545 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
She leaned into his touch and lingered, closing her eyes and wishing her hindrances would disappear. Although Ariadne knew they wouldn't, and her situation would be like this for a while, she was content to be alone with him and distracted for now.

She pulled away when he revealed his news as excitement lit her expression, and she sent a silent thanks to Sedna. Oh, she breathed. This is the most wonderful news! I am so excited! Her tail swept against the floor, and she happily slapped her good paw against it.

Then, pleasure shifted to business.

Can you help me explore the lands? Tell me about the exciting things you see?
Yellowstone
Zeta
106 Posts
Ooc — Van
Ariadne’s joy was infectious, and the rabbit was temporarily forgotten by both as they began to trill with happy whines and sweeping tail wags. Fjall felt full up in that moment; full of contentment, full of optimism, full of life. Of course I will, he laughed. There is plenty here that cannot be seen from afar. I can tell you what I have found so far. There is a river – though how it stays unfrozen is beyond me – and there are a few forests with some of the thickest trees I’ve seen. Remember those shadow-woods we got lost in after you found me? And we had to ask that isle-wolf for help? The trees kind of remind me of that.

He paused in thought. Oh! There is a very big rock on the ridge, he gestured through the den-wall towards the northeast stretch of glacier-land. It is half covered in ice, but it is tall, and it could be a good place for gatherings, or- or moon-singing. He seemed excited about this in particular.

Near there are these very large caverns, as well. Three, I think. But I- Fjall hesitated to explain that he’d been too nervous to explore them on his own. I’m not sure what is inside them yet.
Moonglow
Eta
545 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Fjall detailed the territory he'd explored, and Ariadne listened and imagined it all, making a mental map in her mind. She placed her paw on his and looked him in the eyes once he'd finished, sensing something, but she wasn't sure what it was. It is okay, she assured him. I do not think anybody has yet made it to those caves. The glacier is dangerous, and they are difficult to reach, and we do not even know if there are bears or cougars up there. They would have to be careful.

Do you think you could lead a group up there to search? I do not think anybody should go alone up there.
Yellowstone
Zeta
106 Posts
Ooc — Van
Her paw brought warmth and reassurance to the boy’s thoughts. His face morphed into an expression of admiration, and he leaned his face gently into her neck for a brief moment of respite. Fjall realized in that moment that he never should have gone anywhere without Ariadne. She was good to him, and he loved her dearly. He wouldn’t realize for some time still that this is what it felt like to have a friend: to love and be loved by someone who simply cared for you, just as you simply cared for them.

I can do that, he said, leaning back again. I can call on your companions? Chakliux and Kan- Kannoyak? Is that right?
Moonglow
Eta
545 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
They embraced, and Ariadne enjoyed the moment. She closed her eyes, pushed closer, and breathed a deep sigh. This was a certain comfort that she hadn't felt in many, many moons.

When he pulled away and spoke again, she followed suit and leaned back. @Kannoyak, yes, she said. He's large, snow-furred, handsome, looks a little like Chakliux.

Their lodges aren't far from here—I can show you if you'd like.
Yellowstone
Zeta
106 Posts
Ooc — Van
Yes, please show me, Fjall nodded, though his eyes were tellingly upon the half-skinned rabbit. Riiiight after we have ourselves a bite.

Once they had preserved the rabbit fur and cleaned the den of any inviting blood-smells, the two of them took a slow stroll towards the dens of Chakliux and Kannoyak. Just to see where they were.