Stone Circle Skjaldmær Pt.2
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Joining 
Hopeful joining thread for Ulfhild! @Gunnar and @Bjarna but AW! Set for ~sunrise 4/21/23 <3

The Shieldmaiden had journeyed the Moor, came out the Northwestern side of the yawning lands around the deep hours of night. 
She looked to the sky, but did not see Máni among the stars. 
Her brows furrowed slightly with a low, wondering hum, but she did not stay worried for long, for this had happened many a time in her life, and He had always returned to the skies after a few days. 

The stars were fading into a pale dawn sky to signal the rise of Sól by the time Ulfhild stopped a few yards from what she assumed to be the edges of a claim, amber gaze looking into the territory, searching for activity. 

A brief set of beats later, the Shieldmaiden raised her head to let out a call for the leader or leaders of this place. 
She would wait patiently for an answer, posture neutral the entirety of her wait, though upon any approach, she would display via a sway of her tail, a polite deference to those who answered her here.

OOC note for those curious, Mani = the Moon / Sol = the Sun in Norse mythology!
Protect the Weak, Purge the Evil
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar heard the call and though his body protested and he wanted to sleep a little longer. He shifted and stood, a soft whine leaving his lips at the pain that radiated up his legs. Though it was brief and fleeting. As was most of his pain these days, but it was constant even if only at certain times.

He arrived with a sway of his tail and a gentle look in his eyes and he dipped his head. Unsure what language she spoke, he would try English first.

What brings you to the pack lands of Kvarsheim? I'm Gunnar Lodbruk.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Ulfhild was only mildly surprised when an Elder answered her call.
She looked upon him with respect for his age and potential wisdom immediately, amber gaze kind as she opened her mouth to speak to him, Icelandic accent clear and thick in her vocals - 

"I am Ulfhild. Skjaldmær by trade. I seek to know now, of your Kvarsheim. And if your ideals align with mine, then also, if you may have use or need of one more body to aid in protecting your Heim." The monolith held herself no differently than before; Deferent and yet a relaxed hand upon the hilt of her sword, as any Shieldmaiden may have in any similar circumstance.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
His heart leapt in his chest at the first sound of her accent and he had to take a deep breath as his fathers voice heavy with accent titled into his head quickly.

He smiled and spoke softly. Switching to icelandic for a brief moment just to hear the language again.

We are small and familial though not so much by blood. There are different follows. I follow Norse gods, there are some who know of the stone circle it is sacred and we bury our dead there. We can always use new bodies to help us take care of our home.
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The Shieldmaiden listened as the Elder spoke to her in her home tongue.
Small, familial. 
Different beliefs, his own being that of Norse, like herself. 
The stones, considered sacred. 

She noted all of this with a soft, sole nod of her head in acknowledgement.
"I seek to protect and defend, thus, please consider me Kvarsheim's sword and shield." She stated in Icelandic back to him, a dedicant air around her now with the brief, leveled sway of her tail. 
A ghost of a genuine smile upon her face also, as she looked upon him.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
A nose of his head. And he turned to look back into the pack lands. Then with a swift weave of his tail. He stepped aside, allowing her entry into their home.

Welcome to Kvarsheim

They were smaller than she was probably used too and they were not fighters, many of them, but they were tight knit. They were close with each other and hehoped she could find her way among them.
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Ulfhild dipped her muzzle as a silent show of her gratitude, pulling her mass forward to join him on the inner side of the border. 
She would stop a few steps beyond Gunnar, looking back to the Elder to see if he would take the lead into the further reaches of the claim.
The Shieldmaiden did not waver beyond this extension of her respect for him as both Leader and Elder.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar would lead her into the pack lands. Stopping only to show her where cache were. Remind her of the stone circle and the sacredness of it. Help her find a den if she so wanted.

He appreciated that she was respectful, but he felt bad that he maybe slowing her down.
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
She followed Gunnar's direction and words in silence for a while, noting where the caches were, the sacredness of the Stones.
As for a den, she would find a place soon enough.

Upon what may seem to be the end of the tour, Ulfhild would look to the Elder and seek to slightly pause him in his step with her 
The pain he seemed to be in now was not unnoticed. 
"I plead you do not push yourself further for my sake if you are hurting Father." The Shieldmaiden uttered to Gunnar in Icelandic, gaze filled with concern for his wellbeing. 
"Are you in pain?" She asked in their home-tongue. 
She hoped it was clear she was asking from a well-meaning heart, one that sought in earnest only to protect, defend, and provide.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar showed her what he could. He was pained and a little slow. But he was enjoying the night air.

He smiled at her. I am always in pain. I have many years and battles on this body. But I will be okay. I appreciate your concern.

A soft brush of his tail. If you're sure you'll be alright?
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Ulfhild frowned as Gunnar admitted his constant pains. 
But it made sense, she supposed.
He was aged and had many years where she did not; Had been on many adventures she may not ever see.

To his inquiry the Protector offered another soft smile, "I will be fine for tonight." She assured, though she would not begin moving again until Father himself moved, in which case she would watch him go to make sure he was okay.