The Floodlands I'm doing fine, trying to derail my one track mind
Qeya River
Prima*
always an angel, never a god
397 Posts
Ooc — Twin
All Welcome 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: in-post edit just to be safe since there's suggestive themes later on in the thread!
hi y'all! this is my first post. i'm so excited to get started here, feel free to hop in should you feel so inclined!
So this was it.
Little bugs swarm around her, nipping at her heels and calling her further westward. Steady, heavy paws grace the earth, bobbing and weaving through tall grass, up and over logs. The canopy of trees worsen the cold that seems to grip her body, little clouds of steam leaving dark nostrils.
Alone, Wren was now, which was fine. She was more than content with it most hours of the day. Less noise ringing in her ears, no oily fur rubbing up against her. Only the noises she made to be heard, only the touch of her own cold nose to a leg with a scrape on it; the warmth of her own tongue. But in the hours of the day where mother Sun had yet to show herself, when the little songbird had only her own company for extended periods, it sometimes made her wonder if she'd prefer someone with her. It was nonsense, really, just stupid little thoughts that would quickly fly over her head. Until they started to linger, ping-pong around her mind, repeating over and over again until it made her want to scream.
But yet here she was, having picked up her feet and taken herself so far from her birthplace. Where anyone who may have been willing to provide such company remained, so she thought. But it's for the better, she thought to herself, while swatting away a moth with the tip of her tail. A new start, new faces, new smells, new everything. Her previous "home" was not hers anymore, and perhaps it never was. The ghosts of her past were no longer.
These lands had to be better.
Messages In This Thread
I'm doing fine, trying to derail my one track mind - by Wren - April 12, 2023, 12:40 AM