Arrow Lake Heart
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Private 
For @Arlette and @Ensio <333 set for mid-evening of 6/25/2023 at least in my head lmao, also keeping deets vague to allow for the ongoing thread between just Sov and Ensio

After uniting once more with Ensio, the course was steered for the Lake that bordered the Sunspire range's eastern reaches.

It was with a mildly heavy yet lightly optimistic heart that Sovereign would approach the edge of the waters, looking within in hopes she might see fish.
She stared into her reflection for a moment before she thought she saw a glimmer of scales flicker under the water, bringing her attention back to the present moment as her attention re-focused on getting a meal for herself and Ensio.

The yearling glanced for Ensio's form as she spoke, intending the question for her companion "Do you know how to catch fish?" 
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
206 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Quietly, he padded up beside his snow pelted friend. Aware of the potential of fish in these waters, he did not wish to scare them before they had a chance at catching any.

Under the water, he too saw the faint glimmer of silver scales, only to rapidly vanish back into the darker depths. His eyes lingered on that spot, his notched ear rotating to receive Sovereign's question. "It is not one of my stronger suits, but I could give it a try."

He was accustomed to hunting larger game, of the variety that dwelled on land. He had not spent much of his life around water, where he would have been exposed to the opportunity of fishing. "If all else fails, we can look for other options to consider."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,101 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Tags for reference

Arlette had promised Maiken that she would visit her at her pack. Her sole reason was because they talked about Sovereign and that she wasn't doing well. Arlette wished to see her best friend's daughter, and maybe she could help her cheer her up. She at least hoped so. But sometimes mental issues were hard to tackle. Arlette wasn't sure if there were any with Sovereign but knowing she was alive Arlette wanted to see her.

She told @Arric that she would be gone for max. two days. She would have to make her way to redound canyon. A location that was familiar to her. She would follow the river up to the lake into the mountains. That was her plan at least. Arlette had been on her way, motivated to get a good chunk of her journey today. She reached the lake, but it seemed she wasn't the only one. She briefly wondered if she should stop to chat, but she also couldn't really pass them without being seen.

Arlette made her way towards them as it was the best way into the mountains. The pale female blinked when looking better at the couple. A pale female. Arlette got a little closer. Fury? It couldn't be-- No, no scars, not the same scars. "Sovereign?," She voiced once close enough.
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The princess let out a soft laugh, brief yet entertained by the idea regardless.
"Maybe we should find something else...probably easier than-" 

Sovereign? 

The pale girl stood and whirled in a flash at the familiar voice. 
She stared at Arlette, with plenty of emotions flying across her features as she registered the presence of her aunt.

"I-"
Blink, blink, mouth agape.

"You-?!" Sharp shake of the head, more shocked blinking.

"Auntie...?" Sovereign asked after several moments, hesitantly, hopefully...
She crept a few feet closer, nose huffing in the scent of Arlette from the lessening distance as Sovereign came carefully closer, looking to Ensio once or twice to check if he saw her too, and that this was real.
The scent matched her Aunt's, and the memories of her came flooding back, making tears start swelling in the amber eyes of the yearling, relief and joy in liquid form rolling freely down her cheeks.

Her body began to tremble as her emotions overtook her, and the girl felt like a tiny pup again as she made directly for Arlette, intending to press herself into the smaller woman's chest in an overjoyed yet bittersweet embrace.
206 Posts
Ooc — Mai
His lip twitched in contemplation. He really didn't feel muck like getting wet today. Before he had a chance to respond to Sovereign's words, a new voice cracked the silence behind them. Calling out in question to his companion.

The stray turned around as Sovereign did, glacial eyes darting rapidly to watch the exchange between the wolves. Sovereign was baffled, a picture of disbelief and so many other emotions. He had never seen her in such a way. The adult, a pale female riddled with scars, seemed connected to her.

The proof was in his friends voice, the name she called her. Auntie. His heart clenched. A family member. Even if just one. He watched as she rushed to Arlette, displaying only stoic warmth on his face. As he moved closer, he did not interfere in their reunion. Only hovered close in silent support of his childhood friend. Letting her have this moment.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,101 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette watched as the female instantly seemed to recognize her and be happy to see her. The woman wasn't sure what to expect, she loved Sovereign as one of her own but that didn't mean she might feel the same way. Luckily she did. Arlette was even called auntie. Instantly she had tears in her eyes too. The girl came towards her, but Arlette's body had also moved to Sov's. "Oh it is so good to see you!," Arlette cried and just tried to get the girl as close to her as possible.

"I'm here, it is me!," she assured her, as the female seemed almost unsure at first. Arlette couldn't help but shower her with little kisses. Her tail was wagging extremely fast, a white plume of happiness. Arlette's paw tried to wrap around Sovereign. "So good to see you," Arlette sniffled. She still felt so guilty about Fury, so guilty that she had left. That Fury had passed and she hadn't been there for her niece.

Arlette then spotted the male she was with. "Oh, Sorry," she let out. He looked stoic but not unfriendly. "You seemed to have a friend with you," she noted. "Hi, nice to meet you." She hoped Sovereign would give her an introduction on her companion.
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The girl whimpered happily and freely sobbed into Arlette's furs as they met each other in an embrace shared only by long lost loved ones.
Sovereign did not offer her own words in response just yet, until Arlette addressed Ensio, who the yearling knew stood close by. 

At this, Sov detached herself from her aunt and backed up a few steps to introduce the two.
"Ensio, this is my aunt, Arlette, from back home. Arlette, this is my companion and friend, Ensio." She aid, passing a foreleg between them from one to the other respectively. 
Looking to her aunt now, she tried to explain the dynamic between herself and Ensio, "He and I found each other after everything with Hildibrandr happened...he promised he wouldn't leave my side, and I vowed the same to him." She said this with genuine gratitude traced into her voice, looking now to Ensio so he could confirm or add to her words, or whatever he wanted to do, now that Sovereign was drying her tears and regaining herself.