Lion Head Mesa Evil as well as good, both operate to advance the Great Plan.
95 Posts
Ooc — Pinto
Still on his search to familiarize himself with those of the mesa, Thutmose finds himself wondering among the quarters of the sesh

Only one name had he ever heard. @Tavina, she was called. 

Peering upon the doorway, he waits as a fellahin retreats within to see if she was within. If not her, perhaps even another?
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
"prince."

tavina was not one to bow nor curtsey. the sesh did however set aside her bundle of dried lavender. "can i do something for you, royal one?"

she had been looking forward to creating a sort of dye that doubled as a liqueur, considering it might amuse as a medicine one day. but for now her purpled eyes were attentive on the man.
95 Posts
Ooc — Pinto
Sesh, He greets in return with a humble tune to his voice.

My days have been spent learning the folk of Akashingo. You are one of the many I had yet to meet... but as the only sesh I know by name, I knew only to ask for you. 

But perhaps she could even tell him of the others.
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
"i'm the doctor. the other sesh, nazli, is training in herbs; she already has a great store of knowledge, and the last is haizel, the queen's garden-maker."

she eyed the man. "are you a soldier, prince?"
95 Posts
Ooc — Pinto
There were three, each of different profession. Thutmose took note.

I am. The sphinx answers simply, no surprise to his tone. Most seemed to know who he was and what he did — even those he had not met.

For how long have you been doctor here, sesh Tavina?
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
"i only ask because i knew soldiers. a roman, germanicus. you have the same stoic look."

"oh, for — some years now," she answered, not truly knowing but understanding he wanted a measure of her authority. "i am also the midwife at the royal door."
95 Posts
Ooc — Pinto
It suits us, no? He answered with a hearty chuckle. 

The sphinx looked upon the sesh with a respectable gaze, one in which she had earned in his mind. You are valuable to Akashingo. Many parts you play. I imagine the Queen and erpa–ha are grateful to you. And in that, you have my most sincere respect, sesh Tavina. A humble bow of his head followed, proof that his words rang with truth.
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
he was a cunning one, a sly one. but tavina did not find him disengenous. rather, she was intrigued by how thutmose appeared to be genuine.

"our queen is young and knows very little of men," if anything, tavina said directly, her purple eyes firm upon the soldier. "you can give her protection and children, but can you love her?"
95 Posts
Ooc — Pinto
Can you love her?
There has only ever be one I have given my true heart. They are gone, and now my heart is alone, none to pass endearing love upon. If there is even a slight chance the young Queen would choose me as her husband and partner upon the throne, I would show to her every possible ounce of love I am able. He answered without a sense of doubt in his words, firm and vulnerable in this moment of shedding emotion.
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
he had loved, and now would love again.

nala always was close to heart, within her mind. tavina did not think she shared thutmose's sentiment of love once more. another woman might always be aware of her longing for the wife that had not come home.

would he subject toula to that? in his voice she did not hear it. but the voice was not a heart.

"treat her gently. bring her pretty things. she is young, but she is not a child. she'll know your heart, sir," and this tavina truly knew.