Dragoncrest Cliffs To prove that hell is where my heart's been
76 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
Edit: @Mireille I was going to start another one for us but figured I'd just tag you here!
In the days that followed her pearl ceremony, Rae had taken up the effort of hunting for Sapphique again. Her long recovery had shaken her confidence, but with each passing day she felt it returning to her. She no longer thought of Suzu quite so much as she had.

She wondered today about @Lilia, who had taken to visiting while Rae recovered. It was high time that she return the favor — but she owed her time first to her pack. So she hunted first. Still, Rae found herself idly planning for her trip as she deposited a rather mutilated bird in a cache. It would be nice to get out of the territory, stretch her legs; remember how to be alone.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
"mireille?? more like misandreille *cackles*"
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
would it break ur timeline too much to bring this to present? <33

unbeknownst to mireille, she and raelle were tendriling around the same school of thought: that a small excursion might be pleasant. it would not be so long before her children were able to be away from the packlands as well.
for now she would wait, would abide; a chuff rang in her throat, trying to get raelle's attention before she sidled alongside the pearl. "do you have any'tin' planned today?" mireille inquired, wondering if it was a decent time to revisit the ocean waves again.
76 Posts
Ooc — xynien
That works for me!! <3
Mireille found her, and thankfully the mutilated bird was already tucked away in its cache. Of course everyone in Sapphique likely knew by now who supplied the mangled carcasses in the caches, but Rae still felt compelled to hide it. Eventually she would learn to make cleaner kills. She hoped.

She returned the chuff, then shook her head. Nah, just hunting, Her eyes sparkled with curiosity as she looked to the Obsidian. Got somethin' in mind? Rae hadn't spent much time with Mireille since her injury; it was mainly Suzu who kept her company, but Rae was aware that the whole pack had contributed to her recovery in some way. It was still difficult to reconcile for a girl who had grown up entirely alone. She didn't know how she felt about it, exactly. But she knew that her loyalty was to Sapphique.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
mireille had noticed, but until raelle's scent had been with two of the small twisted bodies, she had thought it the work of her younger relatives, still gathering their wits when it came to hunting.
and that was not something worth a mention. "i was going to swim," the redwolf said with a look of query in her emerald eyes. "but it does not have to be the sea." perhaps a sweeter body of water might pique her company more.
76 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Yeah? Thinkin' about heading inland to visit my sister, Rae grinned and gestured for Mireille to follow her, already leading the way in the opposite direction from the shoreline. Bit far though, Redtail Rise, at least if you got kids to look after. Maybe we find somethin' on the way and you can head back without me.

Kind of a hellscape out there, though, She said, glancing in the direction of The Tangle and back to Mireille. Rae wasn't even sure there were any bodies of water to be found there; they might need to go in a different direction. But Mireille would know the area better than she did, so Raelle's glance to the Obsidian held her own inquiry.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
[Image: QGmVNKh.png]

redtail rise. "i have only been de once," mireille said, willing that answering grief to die back, to die down; "i didnae know you had a sister! i know lilia de bes," she went on to reveal. raelle's comment provoked a snort of gently teasing laughter. "come inside, pearl woman. i made my den t'ere for a reason."
a brow arching; a mischiveious look; mireille spun away and slid between the thorns, making for a tiny brown path that raelle might be able to spot if she kept crown and carapace low.
this was sport for mireille, seeing how quickly she could wend her way through the tangle for the open air and the giant stones on the other side which guarded the slender but deceptively deep river of sunwarmed water.
76 Posts
Ooc — xynien
It didn't surprise Rae to to hear that Mireille knew Lilia. From what she'd learned of her sister, she got around quite a bit. Yep, that's her. Lilia, She grinned as she said it, but the expression didn't quite reach her eyes.

It was a relief to have something else to focus on. Rae followed with an easy grace, accustomed to rugged terrain despite her distaste for it. Anything that reminded her of where she'd grown up was to be avoided — but she hadn't forgotten the skills she'd learned there. When they emerged to find a curving stretch of river, Rae laughed. Never woulda found that on my own, She commented, dipping a paw into the water to test the temperature of it. It was warm. She wrinkled her nose, a little repulsed by it; she preferred the cold of the sea.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
"sapphique be a place of secrets an' hidden t'ings dat men be too restless to find. dis place was part of de reason i made my den in de t'orns, an' will again." the more she thought of it, the more mireille was pleased at the idea that she would bring new life into their coastal world.
perhaps she and chacal might be pregnant together, or perhaps — mireille considered that more than they were ready to be mothers, raelle included.