Redtail Rise black sheep
246 Posts
Ooc — Will
Hoping to use this as a warden thread. Maybe @Saena

Saena's return had calmed the raging, worrying monster inside him and his patrols had became less obsessive. He had finally managed to start eating and sleeping properly once more although it still took hours for him to fall into Hypnos's realm. But even his leader's return could not return him to his previously rather carefree life. For the sake of the pack, Arion could no longer choose not to patrol simply because of his boredom, no, the safety of his family and of his home had to come first. His own desires could wait.

That morning, the stallion awoke to a rather cloudy sky which reflected his mood almost perfectly, honey orbs followed the flight of a red-tailed hawk as it flew through the air before making his way to a nearby cache and forcing a few bites of rabbit down his throat. After Arion's quick and extremely small meal, he moved to the borders, black leathery nose flaring as he inhaled the scent of his pack and his home, reminding himself why he hadn't gone on his travels and everything he had to protect here.

Lifting a hind leg, the Greek sprayed his scent on the borders and repeated the same motion a few steps later.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Unlike the others, Saena's return did not calm Gunnar. It brought with it some nasty business and instead he worried about her and the pack. He continued his patrolling, a habit his father had ingrained in him quickly. He had already sacrificed to Odin and the few others he could think of to help protect the pack. BUt he knew that it still depended on the pack, whether they were okay and protected. The Gods were just a little extra insurance. 

Gunnar was coming the opposite way, so he didn't know that another wolf was out and about on this dreary day. He tilted his head and continued on, leaving his scent on the borders whether it was urine, fur, or his own personal smell from paws and the like. As he continued his eyes caught movement and he recognized the wolf from the pack meeting. He chuffed and spoke softly, Hello.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
246 Posts
Ooc — Will
While Gunnar sacrificed to his viking gods, Arion sacrificed prey to his own gods, praying for them to bring protection over Redtail Rise like they had on Cerberus's Pavilion. This was his new family and as Janus always said, the gods blood ran through his veins, surely they would be obliged to protect him and his new family. But the Greek gods were fickle, one minute they were willing to fight for mortals with blood of the gods, the next they were contemplating whether or not to turn his family into slugs.

The pawsteps had alerted him of another wolf's presence but when he heard the chuff, he knew he was obliged to reply, even if he wished for some time alone. Arion recognized the sandy wolf from the pack meeting, turning around, he inclined his head as a greeting, "Hey, whats your name?" he inquired, rather politely in his opinion.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar did not sacrifice as resulutely as his father had before him, but he did more so than his mother had. This was his new home, and he didn't know if many knew of his beliefs and he didn't really talk about them anyway. They were his own thing, and he would share if anyone asked, but thus far no one had.

Gunnar looked at him and dipped his muzzle in greeting. I'm Gunnar. You are who may I ask? Gunnar didn't recognize the wolf from the pack meeting but he didn't really pay that much attention during them. Other than to the leader at the moment.

I am sorry for the delay...june was insane for me with classes
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
246 Posts
Ooc — Will
It's okay :)

Arion was a very suspicious being, he never told anyone much of his past which included his gods and when he did, it was usually half truth, half lie. Perhaps he was being paranoid but he did not wish for anyone to go looking for Cerberus's Pavilion, to plague their era of peace with unwanted war. Janus, his father had enough on his paws with all those bastards he sired living in his pack. Arion did not resent him for that, although he didn't exactly like the idea of his father mating with every female in heat he came across. Thank the gods that his stepmother did not mind.

If anyone asked about his religion, Arion would probably say he believed in nothing but what he could see. He was an expert with lying, manipulating and deceiving after all.

The warrior inclined his head politely to the sandy wolf as he introduced himself, tail flicking amiably behind him as he did so. "Arion," he replied. "Wanna patrol with me?"