Swiftcurrent Creek feelin' good, like i should
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
when momma bird returned, polaris felt a slight tang of disappointment under the assumption that this would mean the babies would be ushered away quite like they'd been when they were babies and their mamas found them too close to the edge of the den. not now of course, because they weren't babies anymore they'd be as big as their parents soon! well okay, maybe not papa, he was really big. but anyhow, she was quite wrong with her assumptions for it seemed birds did not make it their mission to hinder curious minds as much as wolves did. for when the small feathered creature arrived back with a beak stuffed with worms, she allowed smaller little beaks to rise from the darkness and dropped each worm in turn into their hungry mouths.

it was so exciting! although her nose did wrinkle slightly at the sight because seriously, worms? even comapred to other bugs they seemed gross! imagine how slimy, nope nope, let's actually not. but still, that did little to hinder the absolute awe alight in big eyes as her little tail began to swish with uncontained excitement. unfortunately this sudden movement had the long grass behind her swaying like crazy which with a panicked chireeep! had the little bird disappearing from view along with her babies. with that polaris would spring up, finally letting the anticipation free but not before exclaiming a quick "noo come back!" in the native language her mamas tended to use around them. yet clearly not satisfied with that she'd continue to huff out a; "bam it!" a phrase she'd definitely heard adults use when something didn't go right for them and was very proud to announce it now with the belief that it was quite forward for someone her age. of course, completely unaware that 'bam it' wasn't what she was aiming for at all and it was 'damn it'. she'd most likely not even believe anyone who tried to tell her otherwise though.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
feelin' good, like i should - by RIP Polaris - June 07, 2019, 02:44 PM
RE: feelin' good, like i should - by Aditya - June 07, 2019, 07:07 PM
RE: feelin' good, like i should - by RIP Polaris - June 08, 2019, 02:30 PM
RE: feelin' good, like i should - by Aditya - June 08, 2019, 11:41 PM
RE: feelin' good, like i should - by RIP Polaris - June 14, 2019, 01:40 PM
RE: feelin' good, like i should - by Aditya - June 15, 2019, 12:19 AM