Wapun Meadow I know I can be so cold
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Ashlar had made hunting his main aim since joining Ursus.  Fighting was still a goal that hovered on the edge of his mind, but it was one that terrified him.  His desire to protect the things he cared about, as baba had always taught him, warred with the knowledge that in fighting he would need to harm another wolf.  The sensitive wolf could not resolve these two things and it caused him no small level of stress.

This stress he put forth in music, mainly while he was alone.  Today was the perfect day for this.  He tracked a mink to the edge of the forest near the valley, but under his breath Ashlar quietly sang a wordless melody, playing with the harmony that might become a song someday.  He liked the beginning, but the middle was wrong.  It spoke of summer when he wanted spring.

The trail hit the river and Ashlar stopped abruptly.  The boy stared across the water, remembering baba's fear of it.  He had no such reservations, though he didn't bother crossing.  The trail was faint enough here that he knew it would have disappeared, washed away with the current.

He was disappointed but he smiled and turned.  It was then that he spotted Evelynn, and immediately he froze.  He hadn't seen her, and his ears folded with embarassment and nervous trepedation.  H-hello.  It was so soft, it would honestly be a wonder if she heard it.
Messages In This Thread
I know I can be so cold - by Evelynn - December 08, 2020, 04:25 PM
RE: I know I can be so cold - by Ashlar - December 19, 2020, 02:40 PM
RE: I know I can be so cold - by Evelynn - December 22, 2020, 05:20 PM
RE: I know I can be so cold - by Ashlar - December 26, 2020, 11:43 AM
RE: I know I can be so cold - by Evelynn - January 10, 2021, 04:21 PM
RE: I know I can be so cold - by Ashlar - January 14, 2021, 10:39 AM