Redtail Rise Tales of the Grotesque and Arabesque
Loner
951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Redd moved in between Masque and the cow, blocking her view. It might’ve calmed down another wolf, though it made her feel suddenly frantic. She craned her neck to peer around her sister, peeling herself off the forest floor at the same time. Her heart felt like it was lodged in her throat.

Partly obscured by the other Bearn’s frame, the female moose suddenly stopped fussing over her calf and raised her head, huge ears pricking as she stared in the pups’ direction. Masque felt horribly exposed despite the screen of foliage in between them, not to mention Redd. Her eyes remained riveted on the cow as one of those enormous ears flicked backward, as if she was contemplative.

For several beats, there was a tense stillness. Then the baby made a bawling noise and the mother shook her head rapidly, those great ears and even her lips flapping with an audible snort. She turned and nudged her offspring, guiding it to the wolves’ right, heading deeper into the woods.

I used this clip as visual aid. :)
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Tales of the Grotesque and Arabesque - by Masquerade - September 07, 2022, 05:14 PM
RE: Tales of the Grotesque and Arabesque - by Redd - September 17, 2022, 11:15 AM
RE: Tales of the Grotesque and Arabesque - by Masquerade - September 19, 2022, 09:25 AM
RE: Tales of the Grotesque and Arabesque - by Redd - September 22, 2022, 09:38 AM
RE: Tales of the Grotesque and Arabesque - by Masquerade - September 22, 2022, 12:22 PM
RE: Tales of the Grotesque and Arabesque - by Redd - September 29, 2022, 04:31 PM
RE: Tales of the Grotesque and Arabesque - by Masquerade - September 29, 2022, 07:16 PM
RE: Tales of the Grotesque and Arabesque - by Redd - September 29, 2022, 10:09 PM
RE: Tales of the Grotesque and Arabesque - by Masquerade - September 30, 2022, 10:21 AM
RE: Tales of the Grotesque and Arabesque - by Redd - October 02, 2022, 10:10 AM
RE: Tales of the Grotesque and Arabesque - by Masquerade - October 02, 2022, 02:49 PM
RE: Tales of the Grotesque and Arabesque - by Redd - October 20, 2022, 02:42 AM
RE: Tales of the Grotesque and Arabesque - by Masquerade - October 24, 2022, 08:48 AM