Moonspear So tell me how to do it; tell me how to love like that.
Loner
seraphs sob at vermin fangs
693 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Honor? What did the girl know of honor or its value? He felt an unknowable emotion spear him sharply enough to make him want to speak, but, he held his tongue and the feeling passed. It would do no good to voice his thoughts in this moment and he buoyed himself on his soldier's training, choosing stoicism until he could trust himself again. Sialuk spoke on behalf of her village — that was all. That was sensible, and Glaukos breathed a little easier as he realized this.

She moved deftly to touch him, to lift his head, and at once Glaukos was too stunned to say anything or to think anything. For that hesitation his penny-brown eyes were wide and almost childish until she made her little threat, and play-snarled, and reared up, and he scoffed to himself. The very idea of little Sialuk doing anything to him — !

But he remembered next, Kukutux, and became again like stone. If there had been mirth at the white wolf's antics it died out with the revival of that particular memory. He was troubled for a moment longer, but relented: I will stay one night. In the morning I will go.

He glanced towards the flowers between them, heavy-hearted that he would need to deliver them to Germanicus rather than keep them for himself.
Messages In This Thread
RE: So tell me how to do it; tell me how to love like that. - by Myrmidon - February 02, 2023, 08:38 PM