Redtail Rise XLI
951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
When Avicus left and did not reappear in a timely fashion, Masquerade worried but went about their duties, which primarily included minding the pups at the rendezvous site. New Snow also lingered there and the Caru found her continued presence concerning and reassuring in equal measure.

When Augur’s call sounded, Masque’s first thought was to comfort their younger siblings. But they went to the far edge of the rendezvous site and vomited. If they had thought things were tumultuous before, it now felt as though the earth crumbled beneath their feet.

On shaky legs, they returned to New Snow’s side. They were the Caru, so they knew they should look out for the pups now. But they were also a tracker and they knew the best possible thing they could do for their younger siblings was find their mother. Augur had tried, yet Masque could not rest until they had tried too.

Look after them, Masque said quietly to the pale she-wolf, turning to their brothers and sisters to offer each of them a comforting nudge before striding away from the rise.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
XLI - by Mountain Boulder - June 19, 2023, 11:51 AM
RE: XLI - by New Snow - June 19, 2023, 12:33 PM
RE: XLI - by Masquerade - June 19, 2023, 01:05 PM
RE: XLI - by Ameline - June 19, 2023, 02:24 PM
RE: XLI - by Saturdays Sunrise - June 19, 2023, 02:37 PM
RE: XLI - by Moon Runner - June 19, 2023, 03:43 PM
RE: XLI - by Relic - June 19, 2023, 06:19 PM
RE: XLI - by Mulherin - June 20, 2023, 12:23 AM
RE: XLI - by Redsky - June 20, 2023, 08:13 AM
RE: XLI - by Ancelin - June 20, 2023, 05:39 PM
RE: XLI - by Redd - June 21, 2023, 10:52 AM