Sunset Valley dreams
Loner
951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Avicus pulled away and Masquerade finally noticed her discomfort. They stilled, the joyous expression on their face slowly slipping into one of concerned confusion. Before they could properly process, the former Wealda moved again, putting herself between Masquerade and the stranger. They had forgotten all about him until this moment.

He began to lope away and the Caru immediately looked back to their mother, watching Avicus’s face twist as she struggled to articulate. Masque held still, trying to be patient, but when their dam stood there in helpless silence, they slithered closer again.

What is it? Are you hurt? they asked, noting that peculiar odor again.

They yearned to nose every inch of her to make certain she wasn’t injured. Not for the first or last time, Masque wished they could summon Ashlar. But he was gone. So was Redd. The rise had never been the same since its Wealda had vanished.

But she was back now and even with all the unknowns, Masque’s world had already shifted back onto its proper axis.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
dreams - by Avicus - August 23, 2023, 06:27 PM
RE: dreams - by Ksura - August 23, 2023, 06:44 PM
RE: dreams - by Avicus - August 23, 2023, 06:58 PM
RE: dreams - by Ksura - August 23, 2023, 07:10 PM
RE: dreams - by Masquerade - August 23, 2023, 08:43 PM
RE: dreams - by Avicus - August 23, 2023, 09:25 PM
RE: dreams - by Ksura - August 23, 2023, 09:44 PM
RE: dreams - by Masquerade - August 23, 2023, 10:08 PM
RE: dreams - by Avicus - August 23, 2023, 10:56 PM
RE: dreams - by Ksura - August 24, 2023, 01:48 AM
RE: dreams - by Masquerade - August 24, 2023, 09:01 AM