Luneshale Pass Night poem
Muat-riya
Hebsut*
429 Posts
Ooc — tazi
Eset stares at her. The words are unbearable. They were all she ever wanted to hear; that she had something beyond physical value; that she was worthy of tenderness. And she felt it too, a true affection for Toula, something as close to love as could be.

But she was a sinner who held hands with a Goddess. Power; the secret poison. Her ambitions felt like something she must keep hidden from her mistress. Perhaps because she was born at the wrong time and in the wrong place where noble women were expected to be wholly satisfied with shiny things and not much else, and serfs had the same rights as the steer or the lamb. The fellahin was greedy for control, success, rubies. She wanted all of it.

And if Toula knew these things she would not look upon her as she is now, with the same admiration. With love. A guilty blade in her stomach twists, but she does not withdraw from the intimacy in this moment, gathering herself gently closer.

“Holy One- it is I who have been blessed. There are so many words I would use to describe you, my Queen. Selfish would never be among them. I have found true happiness in your kingdom, in serving you and your people. I only wish for you to find this same happiness, in all aspects of life. With your sister, your family, and also in love.”

She once again settles, her lips arching, “I am wondering now how it's possible that a woman so young can be so wise.”
Messages In This Thread
Night poem - by Eset - September 28, 2023, 09:57 PM
RE: Night poem - by Toula - September 29, 2023, 03:47 PM
RE: Night poem - by Eset - September 30, 2023, 03:14 PM
RE: Night poem - by Toula - October 02, 2023, 11:23 AM
RE: Night poem - by Eset - October 19, 2023, 06:30 PM
RE: Night poem - by Toula - October 19, 2023, 09:03 PM
RE: Night poem - by Eset - October 22, 2023, 10:51 AM
RE: Night poem - by Toula - October 29, 2023, 04:23 PM
RE: Night poem - by Eset - October 29, 2023, 07:40 PM