Storm Watch Butte [M] First impressions are important, and I'm afraid I might mess this one up
Akashingo
Yaret
375 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
I SCREECHES!?!
Naaghai sands, rolling below every burned pad. The haze of the lowland desert shaking the vision of Muat-Riya's path. For every sway of her hips, a forelimb overtook it. The bottom of her muzzle skimmed the floor in waves.

Until breath was ripped from her lungs, and sand was spiraling above her eyes. Her face was torn through the desert until air was soon heaved out above her. She cried and snapped, feigns and bluffs with flashed gums. She flailed with kicking legs and a growling, whining mouth that intertwined with snarls. Her eyes stayed winced, her tail tight to her stomach. "STOP! STOP!" Upset. Distressed. She did not understand. Open, open, her jaw opened until it nearly clicked, and until weight pressed against her skull to silence her.

Hazy, head warped through spaces of time. Foggy eyes, slow and disoriented as they opened, met the crystalline gaze of a psychopomp that spoke to her. And every word- oh, every word, she listened, and she took in, as if it left her the very next second and she heard nothing at all. Her bones crawled as ice trailed down her spine as her scalp burned against the sands. He spoke to her, how he confused her and how she was lost. Oh, and he was right. How lost. Very, very lost. Her mind was glossed over with the pretty mirages of Ra, and her eyes that were stuck in a daze. The finger, tracing along her jaw, and how she leaned her head into the end of his claw before it left her.

And by the end, when he told her of the grand masterpiece he planned to create, she was focused.

She was smiling.

Until the edges of her teeth showed.

Until she looked near lovestruck by the calming peace of thrill exploring her. She laughed, happy, giddy and joyful as she did not dare waver her eyes. "Yeah?" She paused, and then, her eyes lit up to match his, "you gonna show me?" This was fun. And now she liked this. She liked this. She knew nothing of what he spoke of. She didn't need to.
She liked this story. Liked crazy. Liked fun.

She fed it desperately.

Her head finally reeled back, giggles from her lips that were goading. Her entire body relaxed. All of that fight from earlier, gone. "To make me look all pretty? Like a god?" A head tilt, like she always did, then a wider smile that was filled with wonder. "Yeah?"
Messages In This Thread