Lion Head Mesa Cross the gold
Akashingo
Yaret
344 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
All Welcome 
No exact posting order. AW! but @Toula . @Briar Cayde is free to jump in if for any reason he'd have followed! :)

The sun scorched her back. A high, steady head had been dropped to line up with her shoulders, and her nose heavy with temptation to descend. The closer she came to the borders, the more her paws slowed. The less demand there was in her lungs and system. Though, the mink slipped through. She shook her head and waved her ears about as a hello, even if to no one. There would soon be someone, yes?
35 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
He'll have followed!

If Briar could in the depths of his mind, body, and soul find any sort of appeal to desert travelling, it dwindled with each step taken in the damned sun. That being said, he loathed to admit that he would be lost without the little imp-woman. And he certainly wasn't letting his one navigation tool walk away and leave him behind. Whether she kept him in an arid wasteland or took him to greener pastures mattered little. Although, green grass and lush trees would be preferred.

His ears perked forward as red formations stretched skyward. The wind carried with it various canine scents. An uneasiness stirred in his gut. He attention snapped to his guide as her pace slowed. Waiting for someone?
Akashingo
Jodai

blameless
289 Posts
Ooc — Twin
involvement in this can be short! just wanted an excuse for her to say hi ^^;

An approach, today, at the borders. There are two, this time. A menial march, a hardened face of stone; not again, not another—
But the proud strut of the mazoi quickly melts into a lope as the silhouette of soot becomes clearer. Dove?
Dove!
A call, a softened look. She was here! Had she met with the Queen, or the prince, or?
Her tail sways high above her hips. Hello! You are here! The tip of her nose touches her shoulder in greeting, if she were to accept. There are scents of other members of the red palace that linger in the fibers of her pelt; question answered. But that did not explain why she had, apparently, been gone. What has happened?
And then, her attention is turned to the red-headed stranger tailing along beside her. To him, she is more reserved; but still polite. Presumably, Legend would not bring someone who meant harm. You are definitely new, a lift of her head, studying him. Dove, who do you bring to Akashingo?
35 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Briar's ears twitched as the red structure manifested another. Lifting his head he tracked her movements from the red stone walls and out into the sands. A guardian by her poise and purposeful stride. He in turn guarded his face. Letting his expression fall neutral with the faintest twitch of a smile at the corners of his mouth. 

The guardian rejoiced upon reaching the imp. Dove? He was doubtful that was truly the ashen woman's name. His eyes trailed to the little woman. Just where were they? What is this place? He gritted his teeth as to not to bark out those questions.

The guardian too had questions. Speaking before the imp, he was quick to introduce himself. My name is Briar. I was a lost traveler in the desert. He would be cold and lifeless as stone before he could let the imp announce him as "Pisser."
Akashingo
Yaret
344 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
Silently, they arrived, with Pisser nearby. Pisser, who she announced immediately after his own introduction. "Pisser!" she exclaimed, coming to a sit after pressing her dry nose roughly against Zaahira's. Her cheek pushed towards her neck, and then roughly rubbed up and down there in a firm nuzzle that shivered stress all out of her spine! Shaking her shoulders and neck off, her back legs immediately tucked down into a pleasant, practiced sit that looked far more pleasing.

"Hello! I am traveler," she told Zaahira. "I come from deep desert with pet on my side that does not know how to find water. He does not stop following. So, here he is! He no bite. Just urinate."
Akashingo
Jodai

blameless
289 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Dove's greeting is warmly accepted with a curling smile. There was relief to be found at the sight of her; relief that she had come to Akashingo as she'd promised, that she was okay! A pleasant, friendly face, in her book. Welcome home.
Briar — piss-er? — introduces himself, while Dove goes on to explain his presence. He is guarded, stiff-necked; perhaps annoyed. This, objectively, raises suspicion within the aspwoman.
Turning towards him once more with a raised chin, the formal greeting is recited. You have reached Akashingo, Palace of the Red Sands, ruled by Divine One Muat-riya Isetnofret Toula, the hemet-nekheb. I am Zaahira. I am mazoi, protector of the Queen. Wildfire gaze hard as gemstone, she examines him. What do you seek here, Briar? Do you wish for counsel with the Queen?
35 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
There the little imp goes. Her mouth opens and jabs at his ego yet again with her insistence on her less than pleasant nickname for him. And as though she had rung a bell, she receives his attention. With a twitch of his ear, he brings himself to flatly correct her. Briar. Briar Cayde.

The guardian takes charge of the conversation and his attention is drawn to her. Her pride evident before she speaks. There is a falter to the steeled expression he wore. She speaks of palaces, divinity, and of queens. Two-toned eyes drifting towards the red structure. 

Akashingo?

Briar knew nothing of palaces and queens. What he knew of divinity he distanced himself from. But if it housed wolves, there would be water and shelter. And for all the water that the imp did ultimately present to him, the sun had broken him. When he looked back to Zaahira, he didn't reassemble the mask he had guarded himself with when she had first approached. Allowing his weariness to peek through the cracks.

I just seek respite. I am burned, dehydrated, and exhausted. I would like to rest away from the sun before I continue my departure from the desert. He dipped his head to her. If I need to be received by your queen for such a request, then I would be grateful for her counsel.
Akashingo
Yaret
344 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
Ooc conclusion made! Last from me. Briar will return :]

Burned, dehydrated, and exhausted.
"Then a fool you were to be in the desert." The imp made no verbal snicker, but the tremor of its voice was something that trembled skin.

Her tail flicked outwards- behind them. "You'd disturb Queen for mere rest? There is water and shelter- away! Not far." Behind them?
She was referring to Serpent Lake. A housewarming gift.
35 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Last from me. Thank you for your patience! Briar's desert misadventure while short-lived was fun!

Briar's ears twisted as his eyes briefly followed where she pointed. Absentmindedly, a tooth peaked from beneath his lip as his nose wrinkled. A fool, had he been? Perhaps he could verbalize an agreement to that statement... eventually. 

Perhaps it was silly to ask for shelter for such a short time. But he did not know this place or its customs. He was not so dense as to belief that he could waltz right on in without some sort of permission. 

'Away!' She told him. His eyes drifted back to the desert dwellers. The guardian, and the imp creature whom he stuck with through the lowlands. He inhaled sharply through his nose. He shouldn't have been surprised. Much like any thorn he was unwanted.

He lingered a moment longer, steeling himself for more hours in the sun. He then turned and left as was clearly directed for him to do. It was not worth it to stand around and argue to stay.