Moonsong Glacier mistmantle
Morningside
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
551 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
He hated to see a woman cry. It always felt as if he'd somehow failed them, or like there was some unseen threat he needed to chase down at once. He had pulled Tulugak into his arms, but he was not familiar with Chickadee in the same way. He felt helpless to do anything but bear witness, an immeasurably sad look on his face.

It was not his own sadness, he thought. Not most of it. He was sad for Chickadee, and he was very, very sad for moonwoman.

"Yes," he agreed, his voice creaky. He drew in a breath to steady himself before he went on. "This village belongs to a moondaughter," he said, searching the girl's face for understanding. "We have none. Our numbers dwindle. Soon, I fear we will have to merge with another of the villages to survive the winter, and give up this village that her daughter built."

Moonsong. He didn't know how to feel about carrying on that name.

"If this displeases her, I ask that she send us another moondaughter. Perhaps you and Kivaluk, to bring new life to the village. In this, as in all things, I bow to her wisdom. I will do as she instructs.

"After you tell her that Ariadne has gone,"
said the panther, "I ask that you say these things to her, also. But if you cannot, I will understand. What will be will be, either way."
Messages In This Thread
mistmantle - by Chickadee - January 15, 2024, 08:06 PM
RE: mistmantle - by Dutch - January 15, 2024, 08:32 PM
RE: mistmantle - by Chickadee - January 16, 2024, 02:14 PM
RE: mistmantle - by Dutch - January 16, 2024, 02:29 PM
RE: mistmantle - by Chickadee - January 16, 2024, 02:33 PM
RE: mistmantle - by Dutch - January 16, 2024, 02:54 PM
RE: mistmantle - by Chickadee - January 16, 2024, 03:08 PM
RE: mistmantle - by Dutch - January 16, 2024, 03:22 PM
RE: mistmantle - by Chickadee - January 16, 2024, 04:48 PM