Redtail Rise In the Falling of Feathers
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
914 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Bringing down the pheasant with Sky reminded her of some hunt of yore, when she and Redd had tangled with a goose. But the recollection was fleeting as the two of them dragged the bird to the ground and slew it after much screeching and beating of wings.

The Caru stood panting over their kill, the tip of her long tail wiggling as she caught her brother’s eye. It wasn’t often wolves managed to land this kind of prey, at least in her experience. When she caught her breath, she padded over to offer Sky a nudge.

We make a good team, she acknowledged. Why don’t you take this to New Snow for us? Even if there’s not that much meat, the feathers will be great for lining her whelping den.

After sorting out how to transport such an unwieldy carcass, Masquerade watched Sky depart back toward the rise. She didn’t follow, instead watching him until he disappeared into the distance before taking quick stock of her surroundings. The hunt had barely taken any time at all and there were many hours left in the day.

Deciding she would use them to continue searching for Sky’s litter mates, she drifted further afield from the rise.

Last from me! May they meet again someday. :)
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
In the Falling of Feathers - by Raider - January 21, 2024, 12:00 PM
RE: In the Falling of Feathers - by Redsky - January 22, 2024, 11:45 AM
RE: In the Falling of Feathers - by Raider - January 22, 2024, 12:05 PM
RE: In the Falling of Feathers - by Redsky - January 22, 2024, 07:10 PM
RE: In the Falling of Feathers - by Raider - January 22, 2024, 07:19 PM
RE: In the Falling of Feathers - by Redsky - February 04, 2024, 12:25 PM
RE: In the Falling of Feathers - by Raider - February 05, 2024, 08:57 AM
RE: In the Falling of Feathers - by Redsky - February 05, 2024, 11:22 AM
RE: In the Falling of Feathers - by Raider - February 05, 2024, 01:15 PM
RE: In the Falling of Feathers - by Redsky - February 16, 2024, 11:30 AM
RE: In the Falling of Feathers - by Raider - February 18, 2024, 04:48 PM