Shadewood Arriving to new lands
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
928 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
“Touchy subject?” Nanou wondered, earning a confused blink from Masque. She didn’t follow, so she just shook her head as they continued forward at a steady clip.

The trees eventually fell back behind them; they were officially beyond Shadewood now. But Nanou was talking again and Masque neither interrupted her nor slowed, happy to carry on a bit further as she took in the woman’s every word.

They made her wonder again about her own situation. Perhaps someone from the rise would come looking, not out of concern but to condemn her for her desertion? Her chest pinched at the thought. Masquerade wouldn’t mince words, even in her own mind: she had abandoned them. It was selfish of her. That was sort of the point.

Sucking in a breath, she refocused on the conversation to say, If you find them wanting, you should swing back this way. I could introduce you to Riley and perhaps the three of us could hunt together. We could probably use some skilled wolves to back our claim.

She’d put it out there, now it was up to Nanou whether or not she wanted to pursue the offer once she explored her options a bit more. Masquerade huffed out a breath and finally came to a stop, feeling they had arrived at the natural conclusion to today’s spontaneous rendezvous.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Arriving to new lands - by Nanou - March 06, 2024, 07:17 PM
RE: Arriving to new lands - by Raider - March 06, 2024, 08:57 PM
RE: Arriving to new lands - by Nanou - March 06, 2024, 09:37 PM
RE: Arriving to new lands - by Raider - March 06, 2024, 09:50 PM
RE: Arriving to new lands - by Nanou - March 06, 2024, 10:04 PM
RE: Arriving to new lands - by Raider - March 06, 2024, 10:10 PM
RE: Arriving to new lands - by Nanou - March 06, 2024, 10:33 PM
RE: Arriving to new lands - by Raider - March 06, 2024, 10:47 PM
RE: Arriving to new lands - by Nanou - March 07, 2024, 12:24 PM
RE: Arriving to new lands - by Raider - March 07, 2024, 01:27 PM
RE: Arriving to new lands - by Nanou - March 07, 2024, 10:46 PM