Redtail Rise In the Faces of Cats
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
915 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
She registered the yearling’s proximity, though much of her focus remained on tracking the feline, hoping to get eyes on it before it realized the pair of she-wolves was stalking it. Soon they had some strange noises to guide them along with the strong scent, luring Masque and Sunrise ever nearer until golden eyes beheld the cat’s actual form in the middle distance.

Once more, Masquerade prompted her young companion to halt, then crouch alongside her. Warily, she assessed the situation from afar. The bobcat was still on its feet, which didn’t bode well for the wolves’ chances. Yet its movements were unnatural. It appeared to be in so much pain, it didn’t remotely react to their presence. From what she could gather, it was suffering from a bad infection, likely due to an injury of some sort, though she couldn’t figure out specifics at this range.

Slanting her snout to whisper against Sunrise’s ear, she kept her eyes on the feline even as she said, We need to keep observing for a while before we make a move. I know it’s difficult to be patient but hopefully we’ll be rewarded for it. She paused, then advised, Settle all the way onto your belly and relax your muscles. We’ll want to conserve energy if we decide to attack.

Feel free to narrate the bobcat too! :)
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
In the Faces of Cats - by Raider - January 17, 2024, 08:32 PM
RE: In the Faces of Cats - by Saturdays Sunrise - January 19, 2024, 09:18 PM
RE: In the Faces of Cats - by Raider - January 21, 2024, 10:28 AM
RE: In the Faces of Cats - by Saturdays Sunrise - February 17, 2024, 06:43 PM
RE: In the Faces of Cats - by Raider - February 18, 2024, 04:57 PM
RE: In the Faces of Cats - by Saturdays Sunrise - February 20, 2024, 04:29 PM
RE: In the Faces of Cats - by Raider - February 20, 2024, 04:55 PM
RE: In the Faces of Cats - by Saturdays Sunrise - March 07, 2024, 06:09 PM
RE: In the Faces of Cats - by Raider - March 08, 2024, 11:22 AM