Shadewood Even though we know it, everyone remains in play.
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
923 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
She snorted at her mate’s play on words. It was not the time nor the place for it, though she suddenly wondered: would Riley call their children all sorts of ridiculous nicknames? Would she? What proper names would they give them? Masque still hoped for boys, though she supposed they ought to choose names that would suit either sex…

He’d prowled far enough ahead that she shook her head, emptying it as she raced to catch up with him. A secret smile curved her mouth as she bumped her shoulder lightly against his. She said nothing, turning her focus toward stealth, the craft she’d honed as a youth on the rise.

She met Riley’s question with a nod. She was more than ready to sink her teeth into some suckling pig. First, they needed to get eyes on the sounder, particularly the boar. One of them needed to create a distraction to draw his attention, Masque decided.

She licked her nose and caught Riley’s eye, then whispered, Once we locate the boar, why don’t you reveal yourself, try to get him to chase you a bit? Then I can try to scoop one of the piglets. Usually there’s enough of them that the sows can’t possibly protect them all…

She would’ve loved to take the role and let Riley do the killing, though Masquerade shuddered to think of what might happen if her injury slowed her down enough to let the boar catch up to her.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Even though we know it, everyone remains in play. - by Raider - April 05, 2024, 10:43 AM