The Bracken Woods we were diamonds, now we’re dust
Loner
951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
All Welcome 
The tag is an invitation, not an obligation! This is open to anyone (and comes with a soundtrack).

She would never forget looking for Avicus in these woods, only to find a stranger and ask him if he knew how far they stretched. In much more recent memory, she had sought refuge in them following one of the worst days of her life. Although things were on an upswing now, Masquerade still nursed some of those old hurts as she wandered through the endless corridors of trees.

“I’ll always support you, y’know,” a familiar voice echoed from the past. Putting her tracking aside for the moment, she folded down beneath a black cottonwood, letting her favorite brother consume her thoughts momentarily. He’d come looking for her, according to Redd. Her chest tightened. Masque owed @Mulherin an apology and explanation more than anyone. What if he was angry with her? What if he couldn’t forgive her? They’d once planned to rule Dragon’s Back Ridge together, and now she didn’t know where they stood.

After a few moments of quiet contemplation, Masque gently set aside thoughts of her younger sibling to heed the demands of the hungry little ones swelling her sides more every day. She rolled back to her feet, long tail twitching as she roved deeper into the endless forest.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Masquerade - April 26, 2024, 11:31 AM
RE: we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Mulherin - April 26, 2024, 08:21 PM
RE: we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Masquerade - April 28, 2024, 01:34 PM
RE: we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Mulherin - May 06, 2024, 05:59 PM
RE: we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Mulherin - May 06, 2024, 08:30 PM
RE: we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Mulherin - May 07, 2024, 05:31 PM
RE: we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Mulherin - May 29, 2024, 12:23 AM
RE: we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Mulherin - June 19, 2024, 04:52 PM