Dragoncrest Cliffs & Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, (mtr.)
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Private 
ᴡᴇᴇᴋs ᴀʟᴏɴɢ: late in 5th
Setting  DCC, dated to 3/9th! Days after this.
Time  Little while after midnight
Soft n SAD Series E3 S1 @Vercingetorix 

The moon kisses the lake as the world roosts, drowsy with winter and settling into a deeper phase of night. Midnight itself found the skayona, willowy and swelling, draped along weathered crags engulfed with her ever-eddying thoughts. Although Hougeda wasn’t at all like her private cove, she still sought for a lulling quiet from all the commotion and disquiet of the cliffs.

Passing a herb-dusted paw over her scarred brow and down her muzzle, she lifted somnolent eyes to the incessant waves that whispered just out of reach. A breath was drawn from her lungs in heady reprieve that slowly worked through her mind. She never asked for world peace, never truly wanted it; but she would savor all that they now beheld for now, warrior or no. Perseverance was her intention regardless.

Unable to keep herself situated, she rose to her felt paws in a graceless wobble; shivered out her tendered body for some self-comfort. Tail feathering with reserved hope, Bounkola began to meander the midnight shore, ears restless. Slumber lurks right at the edges of her star-numbed mind, but remains indecisive of taking her into its soothing veils. It was infuriating.

And it left her drifting, sleepless. Now, hobbling her way about the murmuring lake, she peered into the gloam for noapte. Of course, assuming he wasn’t already asleep. If there was anyone who needed it the most right now, it was V—

The astronomess halted, silver brow furrowing in uncertain unease, as she felt her womb... flutter? Faith she might have for all Olive may’ve told her, but fear for what wasn’t understood, regardless of words, had her trembling in place. Eyes waxed to full moons, and the furrow of her brow deepened, as did the... the tumbling of her belly.

In this very moment, it didn't matter how much or how little they'd spoken to another, felt the other, since their ordeal: steps became fleet but hesitant as Aure gave soft, anxious chirrups into darkness. "V-Vercingetorix?"
Messages In This Thread
& Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, (mtr.) - by Andraste - February 22, 2019, 01:01 AM
RE: & Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, - by Vercingetorix - March 09, 2019, 02:54 PM
RE: & Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, - by Andraste - March 09, 2019, 03:27 PM
RE: & Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, - by Vercingetorix - March 12, 2019, 11:18 PM
RE: & Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, - by Andraste - March 12, 2019, 11:41 PM
RE: & Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, - by Vercingetorix - March 13, 2019, 12:27 AM
RE: & Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, - by Andraste - March 13, 2019, 12:57 AM
RE: & Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, - by Vercingetorix - March 13, 2019, 09:34 PM
RE: & Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, - by Andraste - March 13, 2019, 10:00 PM
RE: & Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, - by Vercingetorix - March 17, 2019, 10:36 PM
RE: & Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, - by Andraste - March 17, 2019, 11:43 PM
RE: & Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, - by Vercingetorix - March 22, 2019, 04:20 PM
RE: & Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, - by Andraste - March 22, 2019, 05:51 PM
RE: & Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, - by Vercingetorix - March 23, 2019, 12:09 AM
RE: & Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, - by Andraste - March 23, 2019, 02:06 AM